Extensions: A GUI Plugin for MediaPortal's MPEI Installer (2 Viewers)

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Re: Extensions Plugin for MpeInstaller (Updated on 30-07-2010)

hi Dukus.

This plugin is GREEEAT! This is the update feature that Mepo has been missing for years!

This should be PERMANENT part of Mepo! - I am sick and tired installing plugins manually through the forum + updating/checking for updates on a regularly basis.

Installed you version 0.5.2 on 2 computers, and found 2 "bugs".(See attached screenshot)

1:
    When starting the Extensions plugin, the menu pops up, but no menuitems is present - Click to the right to get plugins list, and back left again, and the menu shows perfectly.

2:
    I have the Danish TV & Radio logo plugin installed. Extensions found an update, and installed, and restarted.
    But when i now enter both Extensions & MPEinstaller the plugin is present 2 times. 1.0.5 version & 1.0.7 version.

Ran an update on 1.0.5 version again, and this corrected the issue.

Seems like it did not get proberly installed the first time - Is this an error in MPeinstaller or your extensions plugin?

3:
    When installing plugin(ex. infoservice), the installer restarts MePo. But after installation there is still no Menu item - Installer says it is installed, but it does not appear anywhere in menues. You need to start Configuration.exe and close again, before menu item is available.

Attachments

• error.jpg
      error.jpg
      212.4 KB

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Extensions Plugin for MpeInstaller (Updated on 30-07-2010)

Hi dukus,
    first big :D for the latest beta 0.5.2!
    I´d like to suggest some enhancements (if possible):
    • On the new info screen there should be all the options available currently only available via the right click context menu like install, uninstall, never check for updates, show screenshots, show changelogs. This way the context menu is no longer needed and the info screen would be really helpful and the central point for these actions.
    • There is a typing error in the menu to install an extension "requaied" should be "required".
    • Support of language files other than English. I made up one for German - would be nice if this could be implemented (see attachment)
    • During installation of an extension the installer very often seems to "freeze", although continuing to install. Many users encountered this problem thinking the installer crashed. Mabe you can fix this?

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Re: AW: Extensions Plugin for MpeInstaller (Updated on 30-07-2010)

Hi dukus,
    first big :D for the latest beta 0.5.2!
    I´d like to suggest some enhancements (if possible):
    • On the new info screen there should be all the options available currently only available via the right click context menu like install, uninstall, never check for updates, show screenshots, show changelogs. This way the context menu is no longer needed and the info screen would be really helpful and the central point for these actions.
    • There is a typing error in the menu to install an extension "requaied" should be "required".
    • Support of language files other than English. I made up one for German - would be nice if this could be implemented (see attachment)
    • During installation of an extension the installer very often seems to "freeze", although continuing to install. Many users encountered this problem thinking the installer crashed. Mabe you can fix this?

You forgot to change "<!-- English (US) -->" line 3 :)

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Re: Extensions Plugin for MpeInstaller (Updated on 30-07-2010)

Use MPLanguageTool to do the job and you won't need to take care fo such things anymore :p

Simone

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

As dukus does not use the standard strings_xx.xml file, the language tool does nothing ....

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Re: AW: Extensions Plugin for MpeInstaller (Updated on 30-07-2010)

As dukus does not use the standard strings_xx.xml file, the language tool does nothing ....

check it once more please ;)

Simone

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hmm, don´t know what you mean - the file is named en-US.xml and it doesn´t open in the language tool. Ahh - my file is named de_DE.xml, not de-DE.xml... :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom