iMON VFD/LCD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3/1.2.1 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shorty1483

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @shorty1483 Ask me or point me to your post on SoundGraph forums maybe I can help.
    SoundGraph support is almost nonexistent and their MiniDisplay IR solution have some issues but TBH I'm just happy they did not bankrupt yet.
    Let's face it, it is quite a unique solution they provide.
    The level of abuse they take and tolerate on their forums is appealing.

This is the thread and my post: http://www.soundgraph.com/forums/showpost.php?p=37319&postcount=71

It would be awesome if there is a possibility you could reanimate the two line feature for iMon LCD with driver >v8 like it worked with the old iMon MePo plugin dll...

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you guys test this new DLL? No new feature, just cleaning up the code and working on improved stability.
    No (in)stability issues so far.

There was a recording running this morning when I got up, but the display was dark. I assume that there is no message displaying for recording if the pc wakes up from standby on its own to record the show.

shorty1483

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There is the latest DLL. Still no new feature just consolidation.
    Agree if it works for you.
    Disagree if it does not work and post details.

Sometimes the runtime displayed during videos actualizes itself very slowly. For 3+/- min it shows the same time the ist acutalizes and so on and so on...After rebooting everything is fine again...

Last edited:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So this version of the .dll is working for 1.60 only, or ? Not working on 1.50 as far as I can see
    I have not tested it on 1.5 but I thought there was no compatibility issue. Can anyone else confirm that latest DLL is not working on 1.5?
    I suggest you stick with the older DLL or upgrade to 1.6. I'll probably never bother testing in on 1.5 myself.[DOUBLEPOST=1391942491][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Sometimes the runtime displayed during videos actualizes itself very slowly. For 3+/- min it shows the same time the ist acutalizes and so on and so on...After rebooting everything is fine again...
    I've seen this behavior myself, luckily it does not happen very often. I don't think it's something I've introduced and I believe is MiniDisplay specific rather than iMON specific. I'll treat that as a low priority item.

I read you post on SoundGraph forums. That's really just a driver issue. I'm afraid I won't be able to do much about that.
    Is there no way you can use MP without TV with that single line of text ATM?
    What I could do is implement a feature to enable your use case. I could concatenate both lines of text as an option for instance.

Last edited:

shorty1483

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So this version of the .dll is working for 1.60 only, or ? Not working on 1.50 as far as I can see
    I have not tested it on 1.5 but I thought there was no compatibility issue. Can anyone else confirm that latest DLL is not working on 1.5?
    I suggest you stick with the older DLL or upgrade to 1.6. I'll probably never bother testing in on 1.5 myself.[DOUBLEPOST=1391942491][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I've seen this behavior myself, luckily it does not happen very often. I don't think it's something I've introduced and I believe is MiniDisplay specific rather than iMON specific. I'll treat that as a low priority item.

I read you post on SoundGraph forums. That's really just a driver issue. I'm afraid I won't be able to do much about that.
    Is there no way you can use MP without TV with that single line of text ATM?
    What I could do is implement a feature to enable your use case. I could concatenate both lines of text as an option for instance.

It was nice to see the track title and the playtime with TV off using the two lines. i modified the MiniDisplay.xml to deserve the most of my needs. But for some reasons I cannot get scrolling to work. With that working, I would define the music title and playcount in one line...
    Also I recognized that the freezing playcount issue does not exist with your MiniDisplayLibrary.dll v1 (with uncleaned code). With the last two, it happens on my system.

Edit: Old library also with time freeze after a few tests...

Last edited:

Quantor

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2013
    Bad Kreuznach
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I suggest you stick with the older DLL or upgrade to 1.6. I'll probably never bother testing in on 1.5 myself.

Can confirm... Dll is not working on my 1.5 test and my 1.5 production system. It's working on my 1.6 Testinstallation.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can confirm... Dll is not working on my 1.5 test and my 1.5 production system. It's working on my 1.6 Testinstallation.
    Ok I guess we can live with that. People running older MP version can still get it working using the DLL from the first post.
    You'd probably need to build MiniDisplay against 1.5 code base to get it working. I guess binary compatibility was broken since 1.5.
    Thanks for testing that.

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi

I still have installed the binaries from first post (iMONDisplayWrapper.dll iMONDisplay.dll) do I need to delete those 2 older files?
    Or just keep them and update the MiniDisplayLibraray.dll?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom