MP 1.8 Exit not working (1 Viewer)

Glith

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I believe MovingPictures is the culprit in my case....

Code:
[2014-07-08 11:26:27,708] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [ERROR] - Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.MovingPicturesCore.Shutdown()
   at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.MainUI.MovingPicturesGUI.DeInit()
   at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.<Clear>b__9(GUIWindow window)
   at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.LockAndDoOnAllRegisteredWindows(Action`1 toDo)
   at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.Clear()
   at MediaPortalApp.OnExit()
   at MediaPortal.D3D.OnFormClosing(FormClosingEventArgs formClosingEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmClose(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at MediaPortalApp.WndProc(Message& msg)  Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  Site   : Void Shutdown()  Source : MovingPictures  Stack Trace:     at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.MovingPicturesCore.Shutdown()
   at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.MainUI.MovingPicturesGUI.DeInit()
   at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.<Clear>b__9(GUIWindow window)
   at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.LockAndDoOnAllRegisteredWindows(Action`1 toDo)
   at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.Clear()
   at MediaPortalApp.OnExit()
   at MediaPortal.D3D.OnFormClosing(FormClosingEventArgs formClosingEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmClose(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at MediaPortalApp.WndProc(Message& msg)

windykiwis

Portal Member
February 18, 2008
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I have the same issue. Window7 build 1.8, was OK on the pre-release. It works well for days, then it will not exit. Only way out is to force the application to close. In my case I am having to train the family to just power reboot the PC.

klara31

Portal Member
March 28, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Please find attached a debug log file concerning this issue and a screen shot.

Attachments

• crash.jpg
    crash.jpg
    78.3 KB
Last edited:

loiscooper91

Portal Member
April 2, 2013
Home Country
France France
In french :
Bonjour Sebastii , :) c'est Christophe.
Je confirme aussi, depuis l'upgrade en 1.8 impossible de fermer MediaPortal.
tu va en haut tu clique sur la croix, ca ferme pas, obligé de faire Alt-Tab et kill le process.
la case est decoché, et les logs...ne montre rien ...j'essaie de faire un log debug et je les postent des que possible.

Cordialement

in english:

Hi sebastii , it's christopher

I confirm also, since the upgrade to 1.8 MediaPortal. don't close .
you will go on top you click on the cross, it's not close. obliged to Alt-Tab and kill the process.
the box is unchecked, and the logs ... shows nothing ... I try to do a debug log, and I mail them as soon as possible.

best regards

windykiwis

Portal Member
February 18, 2008
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hope this is what you need, Its from WatchDog. I have never done this before. It just hangs on exit. The pc is till working its just MP is in full screen and frozen.

windykiwis

Portal Member
February 18, 2008
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
It is a bit random, at the end of the evening we turn off MP, let schedule+++ take over the PC and turn the screen off. Thats it for the night. Come the next day and turn on the screen to see its frozen at the previous evening. schedule recordings are done but it did not sleep. But works OK for days.

The dump I just did was - I reset the PC. Activated WatchDog, opened MP, went to guide, selected channel, viewed channel for a minute or so. Green button back to main screen, exit, - frozen!

Users who are viewing this thread