MPTouch - Mediaportal TouchScreen Plugin (1 Viewer)

MPTouch MainScreen Buttons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maaji

Portal Member
November 23, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,

this plugin looks pretty interesting to me. I tested it with BlackGlass and Blue3wide skins. Seems that the plugin could fit my needs but I came across some starting issues:

1. On the home screen there are 4 empty buttons in the main part of the screen. No labels or images there. What should I see there and how to fix it?

2. The labels of the onscreen keyboards are empty too.

3. I needed some time to find the navigation pad. I think it is a bit too hidden. There should be an easy and intuitive way to cycle through the menus. At the moment I need to hit the "navigation" button twice and then hit the "navigation pad" button to be able to go through the menus. Do you think there could be an easier way? (I want to increase the WAF at this place ;-))

4. When I hit the "navigation" button twice to get to the "navigation pad" I see the directory listing and playlist buttons. In this view I see three unresolved macros: #SelectedItem, #Sel and #CurrentModule.

5. When I add some HDDs MediaPortal terminates and I get the following in the error.log:

Code:
2010-05-16 14:13:11.078125 [ERROR][(23)]: Exception   :Das Objekt muss ein Stammverzeichnis (C:\) oder ein Laufwerksbuchstabe (C) sein.
2010-05-16 14:13:11.078125 [ERROR][(23)]:   site      :Void .ctor(System.String)
2010-05-16 14:13:11.078125 [ERROR][(23)]:   source    :mscorlib
2010-05-16 14:13:11.078125 [ERROR][(23)]:   stacktrace:   bei System.IO.DriveInfo..ctor(String driveName)
   bei MediaPortal.MPTouch.TouchScreenMain.SysInfo_HDD_Info(String _HDD, AbstractProgressBar _BAR, Label _total, Label _Free, Label _volume, Label _Percent)
   bei MediaPortal.MPTouch.TouchScreenMain.DrawDrives()
   bei MediaPortal.MPTouch.TouchScreenMain.ProgressUpdateSlow(Object state)
   bei System.Threading._TimerCallback.TimerCallback_Context(Object state)
   bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
   bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   bei System.Threading._TimerCallback.PerformTimerCallback(Object state)

Since I find this plugin really interesting, I wonder if the source code is available? I would be interested in helping developing this plugin.

Kind regards

EDIT: Another problem: When I select an item in a dropdown list by hitting the item on the touchscreen it is being marked but not being selected in MP. I can only navigate using the up and down buttons of the "navigation pad".

Ropsu80

Portal Pro
September 19, 2006
Finland
Home Country
Finland Finland
would it be possible to get this plugin working through lan? I´ve got an "extra" touch screen pc and it would be really cool if I could contol MP with that one, kinda like the Blue Portal or Pocket PC Remote....

sunedane

Portal Member
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
This is indeed a nice plugin for a touchscreen :)

If found a bug in the MiniEPG Dialog that popup when selecting channel. Mediaportal crash if changing favorite list before the dialog is finish updating the touchscreen.

Im running latest svn (build 25793) and version 0.0.1.2 of this plugin...

error log:
Code:
2010-05-16 23:52:30.333007 [ERROR][(11)]: MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
2010-05-16 23:52:30.338867 [ERROR][(11)]: Exception   :System.InvalidOperationException: Samlingen er blevet ændret. Optællingen bliver muligvis ikke udført.
   ved System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
   ved MediaPortal.MPTouch.TouchScreenMain.DialogControl()
   ved MediaPortal.MPTouch.TouchScreenMain.DialogUpdate(Object state)
   ved System.Threading._TimerCallback.TimerCallback_Context(Object state)
   ved System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
   ved System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   ved System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   ved System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   ved System.Threading._TimerCallback.PerformTimerCallback(Object state)
2010-05-16 23:52:30.339843 [ERROR][(11)]: Exception   :Samlingen er blevet ændret. Optællingen bliver muligvis ikke udført.
2010-05-16 23:52:30.339843 [ERROR][(11)]:   site      :Void ThrowInvalidOperationException(System.ExceptionResource)
2010-05-16 23:52:30.339843 [ERROR][(11)]:   source    :mscorlib
2010-05-16 23:52:30.340820 [ERROR][(11)]:   stacktrace:   ved System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
   ved System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   ved System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   ved System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

technick

Portal Pro
May 6, 2009
Home Country
France France
+1 ;-) Crash on the channel selection (I have mini 1 week of EPG and the windows seems to be very long to display)

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This is indeed a nice plugin for a touchscreen :)

If found a bug in the MiniEPG Dialog that popup when selecting channel. Mediaportal crash if changing favorite list before the dialog is finish updating the touchscreen.

Im running latest svn (build 25793) and version 0.0.1.2 of this plugin...

error log:
    Code:
    2010-05-16 23:52:30.333007 [ERROR][(11)]: MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
    2010-05-16 23:52:30.338867 [ERROR][(11)]: Exception   :System.InvalidOperationException: Samlingen er blevet ændret. Optællingen bliver muligvis ikke udført.
       ved System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
    2010-05-16 23:52:30.339843 [ERROR][(11)]: Exception   :Samlingen er blevet ændret. Optællingen bliver muligvis ikke udført.
    2010-05-16 23:52:30.339843 [ERROR][(11)]:   site      :Void ThrowInvalidOperationException(System.ExceptionResource)
    2010-05-16 23:52:30.339843 [ERROR][(11)]:   source    :mscorlib
    2010-05-16 23:52:30.340820 [ERROR][(11)]:   stacktrace:   ved System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)

Hi,

I haven't quite finished the dialogs yet , Still sorting out what ones the Touchscreen actually needs to control ,I will be removing most of the dialogs for TV and video as you will have your TV on anyway. Mainly only Yes/No dialog ,Shutdown Dialog ,Context Menu and music Dialogs will be supported.

Another thing, I just finished the Virtual Keyboard yesterday but it seems usless now as It is hardly used for mediaportal (Except search music and Making a new folder) Plus there is no way to get the text that is displayed on the Mediaportal Virtual Keyboard so if you are renaming a file etc. with the tv off the you will have to backspace blindly then enter the new name, (Maybe one of the MP dev's could add a property label for that;):D).
    So I was thinking of replacing with a virtual remote (my wife's idea) So if you cant find your remote there is one attached to your case.

Anyway next version will be TODAY and you guys can test Keyboard and see what I mean.

Remember to vote on the poll at the top of this screen so We can decide what to do with the 4 main buttons

Cheers for bugreports everyone , Almost there now:):):):):):):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Sa_ddam213

Hello,

this plugin looks pretty interesting to me. I tested it with BlackGlass and Blue3wide skins. Seems that the plugin could fit my needs but I came across some starting issues:

1. On the home screen there are 4 empty buttons in the main part of the screen. No labels or images there. What should I see there and how to fix it?

2. The labels of the onscreen keyboards are empty too.

3. I needed some time to find the navigation pad. I think it is a bit too hidden. There should be an easy and intuitive way to cycle through the menus. At the moment I need to hit the "navigation" button twice and then hit the "navigation pad" button to be able to go through the menus. Do you think there could be an easier way? (I want to increase the WAF at this place ;-))

4. When I hit the "navigation" button twice to get to the "navigation pad" I see the directory listing and playlist buttons. In this view I see three unresolved macros: #SelectedItem, #Sel and #CurrentModule.

5. When I add some HDDs MediaPortal terminates and I get the following in the error.log:

Code:
    2010-05-16 14:13:11.078125 [ERROR][(23)]: Exception   :Das Objekt muss ein Stammverzeichnis (C:\) oder ein Laufwerksbuchstabe (C) sein.
    2010-05-16 14:13:11.078125 [ERROR][(23)]:   site      :Void .ctor(System.String)
    2010-05-16 14:13:11.078125 [ERROR][(23)]:   source    :mscorlib
    2010-05-16 14:13:11.078125 [ERROR][(23)]:   stacktrace:   bei System.IO.DriveInfo..ctor(String driveName)
       bei MediaPortal.MPTouch.TouchScreenMain.SysInfo_HDD_Info(String _HDD, AbstractProgressBar _BAR, Label _total, Label _Free, Label _volume, Label _Percent)
       bei MediaPortal.MPTouch.TouchScreenMain.DrawDrives()
       bei MediaPortal.MPTouch.TouchScreenMain.ProgressUpdateSlow(Object state)
       bei System.Threading._TimerCallback.TimerCallback_Context(Object state)
       bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
       bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
       bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       bei System.Threading._TimerCallback.PerformTimerCallback(Object state)

Since I find this plugin really interesting, I wonder if the source code is available? I would be interested in helping developing this plugin.

Kind regards

EDIT: Another problem: When I select an item in a drop down list by hitting the item on the touchscreen it is being marked but not being selected in MP. I can only navigate using the up and down buttons of the "navigation pad".

1.We are all voting now for what the 4 main buttons will be
    2.Keyboard in V0.0.1.2 is not built yet (Just finished yesterday)
    3.A lot of Case's have arrow buttons on them so that's why its selectable (Its not that hard to find is it:p)
    Do you think there could be an easier way? Yes turn on you TV :p
    4.I have know idea why you have to push "Navigation" Twice, Check you touchscreen software is NOT set to click on release
    Macros have been fixed in next version.
    5. Can you post you Touchscreensettings.xml the error message is saying that Its not a root directory or drive letter (is it a NAS or a Drive mounted in a NTFS folder? or just a plain drive setup?)EDIT: MY BAD :oops: FIXED NOW

6.source code will be available once the base is done and I clean it up (still have unfinished user controls and stuff)
    7. I am building a custom listbox that will have most of the features you request (Touch slide and select functions ,At the moment it has a memory leak and if you touch scroll on a large list 2000+ you run out of memory) so that's why I'm still using a default one for now.

Sa

***EDIT: NEW VERSION UP NOW (v0.0.1.3) DUE TO BUGS MAKING THIS PLUGIN UNUSABLE(Dialog related) *****

wackid

Portal Member
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can confirm everything is working now.....even without the TV server installed......:D

Great job!! FPS and resolution information ok. weather info correct....

As i speak for myself the plugin is complete....

Maaji

Portal Member
    November 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1.We are all voting now for what the 4 main buttons will be[/quote
    Okay. I voted now.

2.Keyboard in V0.0.1.2 is not built yet (Just finished yesterday)
    I'll check it out now.

3.A lot of Case's have arrow buttons on them so that's why its selectable (Its not that hard to find is it)

Yes, my case has some arrows too. But it's hard to explain that someone needs to use the physical buttons when there is a touchscreen. I'll give the new version a try and maybe write down some notes about the existing and my expected navigation flows.
    Do you think there could be an easier way? Yes turn on you TV :p
    :eek: Yeeee. But then I could throw my beautiful touchscreen away.

4.I have know idea why you have to push "Navigation" Twice, Check you touchscreen software is NOT set to click on release
    Macros have been fixed in next version.

No, the click behaviour is correct. Maybe it is caused by the BlackGlass skin since I use the BasicHome and not the regular Home as default?

6.source code will be available once the base is done and I clean it up (still have unfinished user controls and stuff)

Look forward to it...

7. I am building a custom listbox that will have most of the features you request (Touch slide and select functions ,At the moment it has a memory leak and if you touch scroll on a large list 2000+ you run out of memory) so that's why I'm still using a default one for now.

Okay, I understand. Guess you need to prefetch a defined amount of list objects to the bottom and to the top and then refresh the list before it is needed.

Thanks for the new version!

sunedane

Portal Member
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    New release tested with dialog fix... works fine now.

keep up the great work sa_ddam213 :)

Johnnie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Sa,

Just installed the latest version of this great plugin!
    As I can determine for now its working beter then the release before ;-).

Allthough I found some things that may need some attention, let me try to explain:
    => When scrolling thru "HOME", the image of TV and Radio are displaying correctly (on the touchscreen). But selecting other menu items it is always showing "Hoverdefault"? (BTW I'm using Fidelity as a default skin)
    => Sometimes W7 gives the message that MP stopped working ;-(, I've attached 2 error-files
    => When playing around, I noticed the following: when I returned back to TV, all underlaying menu entry's where listed double. In the Music screen even three to four times. Moving with my keypad knobs on the case corrected the menu entry's.
    => The cover art are displayed correctly under the "Navigation Screen", but when selecting "Now Playing" its shows a different one. Here also playing with the "up" and "down" knobs on the case corrected the issue.
    => On the "context" window the text "CLOSE", the "E" is on the second line ;-) (screen settings are 1024)
    => Wheather isn't working with me, I think its a combination with the other images.....please give me some pointers to investigate.

I'll try more and report things when I notice them...

Feature request, if possible: is it possible to change the background colour?
    I like black, is a great match with Fidelity ;-).

Please see for more info the error files and my system specs.

Again, great plugin pleaaaase continue!

John

Attachments

• error log v0013.zip
      30.6 KB

BULLDOGBASEL

Portal Member
    May 15, 2010
    :D:D:D

for this great plugin!!

Finaly my Thermaltake touch-screen is usefull and it looks great ;)

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

Is it possible that the plugin do not work, with my trailers?

If the Touch-plugin is diseabled my trailers works, when I enable the Touch-Plugin I hear sound but i do not see the video!
    What I do wrong??:confused:

Sorry for my poor English and greets from Switzerland

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom