My Anime 3 (2 Viewers)

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Thx will wait for the new version than and see if it improves hashing speed, at least hashing is a little faster than my download speed.
Is the current version using some sort of hardware acceleration like AVX/Cuda/openCL for hashing? The ~10MB/s i'm getting are really slow, in comparison DiskCryptor can achieve 78 MB/s for serpent encryption (no hardware support) on my 1007U CPU.

Unfortunately I can't say that my download speeds have ever gotten close to my hashing speeds.
What type of hashing do you have enabled?
ED2k / CRC32 / MD5 / SH1

Unless you really want all of them I suggest only enabling ED2K (This is the only one JMM and AniDB really need)

If you are using the Hasher.dll and only have ED2K enabled, you should get more than 75MB/sec

Andy22

Portal Member
September 10, 2011
What type of hashing do you have enabled?
ED2k / CRC32 / MD5 / SH1

Unless you really want all of them I suggest only enabling ED2K (This is the only one JMM and AniDB really need)

If you are using the Hasher.dll and only have ED2K enabled, you should get more than 75MB/sec

I only have ED2K and CRC32 enabled, thats because i can easily compare unmatched files CRC's encoded in the filename and decide whether to delete or manually link those.

Like noted i'm not 100% sure the hasher.dll is used, since the log indicates it has/uses a c# fallback? So are there 2 hasher's useable by MA and how can i check which one is in use?

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
If you are getting that error it means the hasher dll is NOT being used.

Try again with the next version

SlySteve1312

Portal Member
April 1, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi, since I switched to Windows 10 I can't connect to JMMServer anymore, using JMMDesktop or AnimeBuddy. The server is running on a different (Windows 8.1) machine and I can ping it, and I can connect to it. Anyone else having these problems?

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi, since I switched to Windows 10 I can't connect to JMMServer anymore, using JMMDesktop or AnimeBuddy. The server is running on a different (Windows 8.1) machine and I can ping it, and I can connect to it. Anyone else having these problems?

Hi, I haven't upgraded all my machines yet so can't test yet.
However I have JMM Server running on Win10, and JMM Desktop on Win8, and that seems to work fine.

A couple of people reported similar issues with Win10, but said it has since started working after the latest round of windows updates

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi lwerndly.

Is the a way to force a re-hash of selected series (either via JMMDesktop, MP, whatever)?
    So far deleting the series and re-import seems to be done by the server with cached values in the DB.
    (Which is normally a good approach)

I had a HDD failure and seems like some files may be corrupted.
    Due to that I would like to get a selected subset re-hashed.

Cheers,

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi lwerndly.

Is the a way to force a re-hash of selected series (either via JMMDesktop, MP, whatever)?
    So far deleting the series and re-import seems to be done by the server with cached values in the DB.
    (Which is normally a good approach)

I had a HDD failure and seems like some files may be corrupted.
    Due to that I would like to get a selected subset re-hashed.

Cheers,

Sorry, at the moment there is no way to re-hash a whole series
    You can only do it for individual files, from the Episode List for a series

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi All, the new website is now up (thanks Elemental Crisis)
    http://japanesemediamanager.github.io/

There was also a release a few weeks back which had a huge number of changes.
    http://japanesemediamanager.github.io/changelog.html

Unfortunately the auto updater may not work for everyone, so you may need to download and install, compare your current version to the version listed above (it is safe to install over the top of a current installation)
    http://japanesemediamanager.github.io/downloads.html

Lastly we have started a new Discord server for JMM
    https://discord.gg/0XKJW7TObKIfMYqS

You are more likely to get help from some of our more active members here in a timely manner. or just drop by for a chat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom