My Anime plugin (7 Viewers)

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
How's the epsiode image fetching coming along? Any idea how to do that yet? I suppose it's hard to translate anidb episode / series info to that of thetvdb.com.

No haven't actually started on this yet, the next release will NOT contain this functionality.

I have had some idea of how I might achieve it, but haven't had the time to test it out yet.

Here's what is happening so far
- From the plugin you can search TheTvDB, which associates the AniDB Series with a TvDB Series
- The plugin also allows you to say which season the AniDB series maps to on TheTvDB.

So for simple series which have a 1 to 1 mapping on between AniDB, it will be easy to get episode information.
For multiple AniDB series which get consolidated into one series on TvDB but multiple seasons you will be able to specify this.
It should work.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    okay, so if have Zero no Tsukaima, Princess no Rondo, I can map this to Zero no Tsukaima Season 3 on thetvdb.com? Then, in theory, it should be possible to get the episode info and episode images as well, right? For normal episodes it should be possible (says someone who has to google a hello world script), but for specials it a different story. Thetvdb.com stores specials for all series/season under 1 specials section.

I just remember I have another bug (or I don't know how to use the feature), in v5 it's possible to add groups and series, but it's only possible to remove groups.
    I accidentally made a new series, trying to use the grouping feature, but now I have two series for Black Lagoon, one containing episodes, the other one empty.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Raytestrak said:
    okay, so if have Zero no Tsukaima, Princess no Rondo, I can map this to Zero no Tsukaima Season 3 on thetvdb.com? Then, in theory, it should be possible to get the episode info and episode images as well, right? For normal episodes it should be possible (says someone who has to google a hello world script),

Yup that's exactly how I envision it will work.

Raytestrak said:
    ....but for specials it a different story. Thetvdb.com stores specials for all series/season under 1 specials section.

Haven't considered this yet, but will take a look.

Raytestrak said:
    I just remember I have another bug (or I don't know how to use the feature), in v5 it's possible to add groups and series, but it's only possible to remove groups.
    I accidentally made a new series, trying to use the grouping feature, but now I have two series for Black Lagoon, one containing episodes, the other one empty.

Ok thanks, I have added this to the list
    animeplugin2 issues list

slamdance

Portal Member
    July 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    lwerndly, I'd like to point out thetvdb also has an api option for absolute ordering. It's specifically for anime series.

Thetvdb Wiki said:
    Anime episodes are usually numbered without seasons and go from episode 1 to whatever the final episode is, often into the hundreds. Most western broadcasters however do break these shows into seasons, so in order to accommodate this alternate numbering scheme an additional field Absolute Number is available. While this system is primarily intended for Anime series that don't really have seasons, it will work for any program.

To use this interface there is no alternate season number only the absolute episode number. Numbering continues on from season to season. So if season 1 ends with 25 then season 2 begins with 26. So for example Bleach is currently in it's "sixth season" but season 5 episode 14 Shock! The Father's True Character is actually episode 111.

source: Absolute Order - TvDBwiki

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    lwerndly, I'd like to point out thetvdb also has an api option for absolute ordering. It's specifically for anime series.

Thetvdb Wiki said:
    Anime episodes are usually numbered without seasons and go from episode 1 to whatever the final episode is, often into the hundreds. Most western broadcasters however do break these shows into seasons, so in order to accommodate this alternate numbering scheme an additional field Absolute Number is available. While this system is primarily intended for Anime series that don't really have seasons, it will work for any program.

To use this interface there is no alternate season number only the absolute episode number. Numbering continues on from season to season. So if season 1 ends with 25 then season 2 begins with 26. So for example Bleach is currently in it's "sixth season" but season 5 episode 14 Shock! The Father's True Character is actually episode 111.

source: Absolute Order - TvDBwiki

Wow i really should read through the whole doco sometimes.
    This will make it a lot easier for my episode matching.

Although I am not sure it will help with specials, will need to take a look.

I'll keep the season functionality in the plugin though, as it is used to get the different posters and banners associated with each season.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'll keep the season functionality in the plugin though, as it is used to get the different posters and banners associated with each season.

Hooray! I was afraid to ask since the anime puritans get 'angry' at the way thetvdb.com puts series in seasons, but personally, I find it's easier to browse through let's say fullmetal alchemist in 4 seasons than 51 (?) seperate seasons. :D

It won't help you with the specials, for instance: Shakugan no Shana the movie, or the Conquerer of Shamballa are listed as specials for Shakugan no Shana and Fullmetal Alchemist. Good luck getting a description and images from that ...

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is it planned to have a view sort by year again?

The yearly view was very much appreciated (at least by me :D) if you have a significant number of series in your folder.

Cheers,

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Is it planned to have a view sort by year again?

The yearly view was very much appreciated (at least by me :D) if you have a significant number of series in your folder.
    Cheers,

Yup I used year and genre. They will both be making a return, but probably not in the next release.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Here is the first proper release of Version 2.
    By no means is this as complete as version 1, but I think it is good enough for people to start testing out and giving feedback.

I have started a new thread here, so please use this in the future.
    My Anime 2 - Download Here

Some important notes.
    1. If you have used one of the test versions of V2, you will need to delete your existing database. Sorry it became too difficult.
    2. I haven't merged in Raytestrak's mediastream changes yet.
    3. There is an option called "Auto download character/actor information". This is turned off by default. I recommend you do your initial import and then turn this on if you intend to use it.

01_ListPoster.jpg02_Fanart.jpg03_EpisodeTypes.jpg04_Episodes.jpg05_WideBanner.jpg06_VideoPaused.jpg

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Wow ... looks great, doing a new import now :D
    Hope it's done soon, but I didn't read the warning about the actor info.

Quite some changes on the skin too ... I can understand you didn't have the chance to look at my alterations. Could well be they aren't needed anymore, I'll have a look when it's done. Looks like I can drop my tvseries copy thanks to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom