My films plugin help (1 Viewer)

oliccm

Portal Member
October 14, 2010
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
How do you setup my films, for some reason I'm struggling and I do t know why. I have installed it but struggling to setup the films database / XML. I just don't know how to do it. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: My films plugin help

Hello!
    There is a really nice Wiki about MyFilms and I think it was hard work by the developers to make this Wiki happen as it is now so you maybe should read it first and then ask specific questions if you still have problems.
    My Films Wiki: My Films - MediaPortal Wiki
    Thank you!

oliccm

Portal Member
    October 14, 2010
    Home Country
    I've already read it, I either cat find what I need or it's not there.

I wouldn't be asking if I had found it in there

Thanks

oliccm

Portal Member
    October 14, 2010
    Home Country
    Hello!
    There is a really nice Wiki about MyFilms and I think it was hard work by the developers to make this Wiki happen as it is now so you maybe should read it first and then ask specific questions if you still have problems.
    My Films Wiki: My Films - MediaPortal Wiki
    Thank you!

Is this not a support forum where people help other not be sarcastic

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Sadly I don't have any experience with MyFilms myself so I can't help you here.
    I try to move your thread in the MyFilms Plugin section. I think there you will find more help..

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I guess the tutorial pages are not ready yet.
    My post was not meant to be sarcastic at all! So sorry for that! But I didn't know you already read the wiki pages about MyFilms. It was just a suggestion..

A first help for us would be which Catalog are you using?

oliccm

Portal Member
    October 14, 2010
    Home Country
    Ok never mind.

The problem I have is that I don't know how to create the film database. Going through the wizard doesn't seem to do much it asks me where the XML files are, but I don't have any yet.

Once I get that bit I'm sure I'll be fine.
    Thamks

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 1.32 StreamedMP Latest Music DE
    No one can help me here?
    No one can help me here?
    In StreamedMP I have the most recently added films (Moving Pictures) and also TV recordings on the home screen. But I made the...
    Replies
    Views
    Please check the wiki. I never take online sources but perform offline imports. You can use external tools for that and change all data including poster. Also the import speed is much faster + the local data are kept forever, even MP2 is removed. To overwrite only some movies you need to remove them once from the share, place an...
    Please check the wiki. I never take online sources but perform offline imports. You can use external tools for that and change all...
    Hi, I'm new here but have been gradually getting my head around setting everything up but one simple task is throwing me off - how...
    Replies
    Views
    This may or may not be a pause, after all, this is a playlist, it can constantly change, I don’t very well understand the mechanism of working with playlists in online broadcasts. Well, here you need to look at what is happening in the Media Portal player. And find someone who understands how it works.
    This may or may not be a pause, after all, this is a playlist, it can constantly change, I don’t very well understand the mechanism...
    I am running the latest "any cpu" version of the Radio Time plugin with MP 1.33 x64 which is working well except some of my...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP and set logs and rebooted and ran TVServer. Didn't do anything in regard to S Loopback adapter. I've been using NextPvr since the problem became insurmountable. Only reason it's not a good long term...
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom