[Plugin] MPSync - MediaPortal multi-seat Synchronization (2 Viewers)

dhrto

Portal Pro
October 23, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
What does the new option 'vacuum databases' do? I cannot find any info about it in the changelog.
The auto-update function from within the MP Extensions Manager generates an error about file not found. The manual link above does work though.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    What does the new option 'vacuum databases' do? I cannot find any info about it in the changelog.
    The auto-update function from within the MP Extensions Manager generates an error about file not found. The manual link above does work though.

@dhrto. Vacuum option keeps the central database compact and clean, i.e. it removes deleted records so that database does not increase in size unnecessarily.

Regard the auto-update, thanks for reporting. WIll look into it!

dhrto

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for the quick reply!
    So if I understand this correctly the 'vacuum databases' option should only be set at the master? Since the database from the master is leading, clients just synchronize from the master database and subsequently will also be 'vacuumed'?

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Thanks for the quick reply!
    So if I understand this correctly the 'vacuum databases' option should only be set at the master? Since the database from the master is leading, clients just synchronize from the master database and subsequently will also be 'vacuumed'?

Correct.

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Me, too. I have a multiseat setup and have deleted the target databases and made a sync from scratch, still getting errors. On deleting the databases, something was in use by TVService.exe, which seems odd to me, as the TVservice should not even know that these databases are actually there. I just sync them to the server for MPExtended/WebMediaPortal.

saitoh183

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Quick question, I my clients are setup to sleep will mpsync wake them up to sync or it will only happen once i take the client out of sleep manually?

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Quick question, I my clients are setup to sleep will mpsync wake them up to sync or it will only happen once i take the client out of sleep manually?

@saitoh183. No MPSync will not wake clients out of sleep. Sync will happen/resume once MediaPortal is running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom