[Plugin] MPSync - MediaPortal multi-seat Synchronization (2 Viewers)

scythe000

Portal Pro
July 6, 2008
I still seem to be having issues. MP regularly pops open a "mediaportal has expected an issue and needs to close" message, like the whole program crashed, but if i click ok, everything seems to still run fine. Also, watched progress is definitely not synching and the amount of movies in my 'unwatched movies' state seems to vary wildly and has some doubles now.

Cyberhai

Portal Pro
November 28, 2008
Irgendwo in der Pfalz
Home Country
Germany Germany
My MPSync aborts at startup. Supposedly a problem with Framework. Can anyone tell me how I can fix this?

Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen
anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.ArgumentException: Der Pfad hat ein ungültiges Format.
bei System.IO.Path.NormalizePathFast(String path, Boolean fullCheck)
bei System.IO.Path.NormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck)
bei System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(String path)
bei System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)
bei System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
bei MPSync.MPSync_settings.populate_checkedlistbox(CheckedListBox& clb, String path, String listtype, String searchpattern, String ommit)
bei MPSync.MPSync_settings.getSettings()
bei MPSync.MPSync_settings.MPSync_settings_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
mscorlib
Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.6387 (Win8RTM.050727-6300).
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll.
----------------------------------------
MpeCore
Assembly-Version: 1.3.0.0.
Win32-Version: 1.3.0.0.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/MpeCore.DLL.
Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/Core.DLL.
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.
MPSync
Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.8.
Win32-Version: 1.0.0.8.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/Plugins/process/MPSync.DLL.
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll.
Common.Utils
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/Common.Utils.DLL.
Utils
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/Utils.DLL.
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly-Version: 8.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 8.0.50727.6387 (Win8RTM.050727-6300).
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll.
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.
System.Windows.Forms.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.

************** JIT-Debuggen **************
Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der
Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers
(machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.
Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.

Zum Beispiel:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle nicht behandelten
Ausnahmen an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem
Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt.

thekitehunte

Portal Member
December 16, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
This is a much needed plugin, thanks. But I can't get it to work. My configuration is a separate server, on all the time, running Win8 with a main client running Windows 7 MP 1.3.0. The server copies to the shared folder, but the client does not complete its update; it hangs on "[DEBUG] MPSync: [checkTriggers] waiting for background threads to finish..." repeating this message for hours (stopped it after 10 hours). Any suggestions?​

Attachments

• MPSync.xml
    1.4 KB

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    This is a much needed plugin, thanks. But I can't get it to work. My configuration is a separate server, on all the time, running Win8 with a main client running Windows 7 MP 1.3.0. The server copies to the shared folder, but the client does not complete its update; it hangs on "[DEBUG] MPSync: [checkTriggers] waiting for background threads to finish..." repeating this message for hours (stopped it after 10 hours). Any suggestions?

From a quick look, it seems there is an issue with the MusicDatabasev12.db3 Can you remove from folder on target machine and try the process again.

Also, if it works, is it possible to upload the "faulty" database so that I can see where it is failing to make the plugin handle the error.

Thanks

Last edited:

thekitehunte

Portal Member
    December 16, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks for the pointer and I have done a lot of individual substitutions of the database files. It seems that the 'faulty' target database was 'FolderDatabase3'. Do you sync that? I don't see why that should be synchronised from a server (With locations set as D: E: etc against a client with locations set as mapped drive letters - they should not be the same entries in the database, but perhaps I'm misunderstanding what this file is for). Anyway, having deleted and recreated all three databases on the client, sync is now fine. Thanks for the help and file attached for your investigation. The current problem now is that the movie details are not shown when I list in 'shares' sequence, but ok in all the other sort methods - even if I redownload the details from imdb they don't display in 'shares sequence'. If I put the old VideoDatabase file back the details are displayed ok. I'm currently syncing the old database to see what happens. The other small issue is that when I list movies by 'Date Added' they all seem to have today or yesterdays date.

Attachments

• FolderDatabase3.zip
      10.2 KB

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Thanks for the pointer and I have done a lot of individual substitutions of the database files. It seems that the 'faulty' target database was 'FolderDatabase3'. Do you sync that? I don't see why that should be synchronised from a server (With locations set as D: E: etc against a client with locations set as mapped drive letters - they should not be the same entries in the database, but perhaps I'm misunderstanding what this file is for). Anyway, having deleted and recreated all three databases on the client, sync is now fine. Thanks for the help and file attached for your investigation. The current problem now is that the movie details are not shown when I list in 'shares' sequence, but ok in all the other sort methods - even if I redownload the details from imdb they don't display in 'shares sequence'. If I put the old VideoDatabase file back the details are displayed ok. I'm currently syncing the old database to see what happens. The other small issue is that when I list movies by 'Date Added' they all seem to have today or yesterdays date.

Does the same behaviour exist on your master HTPC? It is strange that these behaviours are happening because the plugin will replicate the exact records from master to server and subsequently any other HTPC would pull that details from server to its database...

Regarding whether to synchronize the FoldersDatabase3.db3, it is up to you. In my case I do synchronize it and don't have an issue since paths on all my HTPCs point to the same folder and drives, but if you have issues, you can omit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom