Codecs SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder) (4 Viewers)

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Hey hoborg,

Do you know if the BASS engine used to play music the ffdshow audio codec? The MP3 stereo sound is always sent as PCM so I have no chance to run the music through the amplifier to 5.1. . With the DirectShow player I can not even play MP3's. Is always the message that it does not work.

No idea ??

If you open MP3 in graphstudio, does it play?

The Graph Studio can not open the file.

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

I cannot open any MP3. K i make a small sample and post it here !!

I've just tested a few other times running in the Graph.

The sample i have create is good, i can play this.But the original cannot be played.

But some online radio stations also do not work.

rojoyinc

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2010
    Re: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Noticing again that the TV stream stutters still (for the first 30 seconds or so after channel channel) any idea why this would be? Seems to be during the computer setup of creating the timeshift files?

While this worked at allowing my to play my .m2ts videos. My TV stream became jittery. Especially the first minute or two or changing a channel. I had to put these back to restore good TV stream playback.

Your TV stream becomes jerky after disabling FFDshow DxVA? Are you using FFDshow for liveTV? I doubt about that...

Seemed odd to me too - but the proof's in the results. When I uncheck those 2 boxes the m2ts videos played, but my TV became very stuttery for the first minute or two.
    Since that problem started at the same time, I assumed rechecking them would restore the tv stream. I rechecked them on and not my .m2ts videos don't play - but my TV stream was instantly restored to smooth immediately after channel change.

I'm no techy in these areas - so I have no clue other than (my results). TV stream is more important to me than those 2 video formats. My blue-ray and motion picture videos play super. Watched 1080p rip of Avatar last night with only one quick stutter. TV's been playing very well since I switched back. (I could test again if it would help in any way)

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

The sample i have create is good, i can play this.But the original cannot be played.

No further ideas? If I bring a sample does not work,because the sample is running.

--------------------------------------

And another question ::

I use the ffdshow codec in TV area for SD material ffdshow uses as well DXVA for SD ? System load at HD ca. 12 % at SD 30-40%. For HD i use PDVD10 for SD the ffdshow. Films and series have such a high utilization. Will I need to activate DXVA in ffdshow somewhere ? I would like to continue using ffdshow for SD material because it makes me the best picture.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Re: AW: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

No further ideas? If I bring a sample does not work,because the sample is running.

--------------------------------------

And another question ::

I use the ffdshow codec in TV area for SD material ffdshow uses as well DXVA for SD ? System load at HD ca. 12 % at SD 30-40%. For HD i use PDVD10 for SD the ffdshow. Films and series have such a high utilization. Will I need to activate DXVA in ffdshow somewhere ? I would like to continue using ffdshow for SD material because it makes me the best picture.

I need to reporoduce the issue.

No, FFDshow use DxVA only for HD.

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Is there any way he uses it for SD? Or is it generally not working with ffdshow?

BalduinB

Portal Member
    July 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

New Problem ... I can't install saf5 anymore.

It does the download, and tries to move DXVAChecker.exe to system32. When I look in the hidden T Folder I canÄt find it.
    At this point the installer just stops moving the files, tries to register them (what doesn't work) and after that I have a complete Codecmess :(

Any chance to integrate the DXVAChecker in the files downloaded (I use the unlocked version) or a way to get the installer to move the rest, too?

I get a german error message I try to translate:

extract cannot be moved. The file is in use by another person or program.
    Close all programs that could eventually use the file and try again.

"The file" ... which file? I was looking for "extract" but I can't find it.
    Happens even with older versions of saf5, so I think it happens after extracting the downloaded files.

Thanks
    Balduin

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Re: AW: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Is there any way he uses it for SD? Or is it generally not working with ffdshow?

FFDshow can do DxVA only for h.264/AVC od VC-1p.
    For MPEG-2 DxVA you can use PDVD decoder, but i dont see a reason why.

New Problem ... I can't install saf5 anymore.

It does the download, and tries to move DXVAChecker.exe to system32. When I look in the hidden T Folder I canÄt find it.
    At this point the installer just stops moving the files, tries to register them (what doesn't work) and after that I have a complete Codecmess :(

Any chance to integrate the DXVAChecker in the files downloaded (I use the unlocked version) or a way to get the installer to move the rest, too?

I get a german error message I try to translate:

extract cannot be moved. The file is in use by another person or program.
    Close all programs that could eventually use the file and try again.

"The file" ... which file? I was looking for "extract" but I can't find it.
    Happens even with older versions of saf5, so I think it happens after extracting the downloaded files.

Thanks
    Balduin

Cannot reproduce. Antivirus block it? No idea. Working fine on my 3 machines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom