.TS/H.264 from Kartina.TV problems (1 Viewer)

Caleb

Portal Member
January 14, 2012
No problem. I will patiently monitor your progress :) Thanks.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Quick update - I think I know what's going wrong - just haven't worked out why, so no fix at the moment.....:confused:

The sample stream plays fine using LAV and MPC-HC splitters (in GraphStudioNext), so it's definitely a problem inside TsReader.ax

Tony

Caleb

Portal Member
    January 14, 2012
    No problem. Just so you know, this problem is rather old. I remember trying to play this stream via MP 1.2.2 a few months ago (with original TsReader), and it was stuttering back then.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Can you try the attached TsReader.ax please ? (It plays your sample stream OK)

Tony

Attachments

• TsReader_noStopMod56b_KartinaTV_fix1.zip
      165.8 KB

Caleb

Portal Member
    January 14, 2012
    First of all, the good news: I don't see constant frame dropping anymore. The sample that I uploaded here has no frame drops at all, and neither some other small samples I have recorded.

And now the bad: I decided to switch to Live TV to experiment. As I said, there are no constant frame drops, but from time to time TsReader still seems to drop frames (I see stutters).
    I was watching some boxing on an SD channel, and in a short period of time it dropped about 40 frames (not consecutively). I have saved some logs, but unfortunately I did not capture the stream, so if they are of any help, here're the logs: http://ifile.it/156qvhj/SD_Logs.zip

I then decided to capture a stream for you, and I watched a football match on some HD channel. It dropped about 8 frames during Live TV. Then when I watched the dumped .TS file in My Videos, it also dropped 8 frames. After renaming it to MKV and reopening in My Videos, I get 0 dropped frames with LAV.
    Here are the logs + the TS dump (in the TVServer logs folder): [53MB] http://ifile.it/65syvxf/HD_log.zip

I hope it helps.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    .....also, can you capture a stream from the SD channel that has the frame drop problem please (so I have another stream to test with) ?

Tony

Caleb

Portal Member
    January 14, 2012
    I captured an SD stream, here're the logs + stream (in TVServer folder): http://ifile.it/34079c8/NewSD_Logs.zip
    In case you look at the logs, I skipped one channel before I got to the one where the stream was recorded from.

The interesting thing about this stream is, even though I get about 5-6 dropped frames with TsReader, when I renamed it to MKV, I still get 2 dropped frames with LAV... no idea why.

I will try to get a better stream tomorrow.

Last edited:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Thanks for the files - please try the attached TsReader.ax :)

With the latest SD sample, I get 2 dropped frames using both TsReader and LAV splitter, so I think there may be a problem with the stream itself (or both TsReader and LAV have the same bug.....)

Tony

Attachments

• TsReader_noStopMod56c_KartinaTV_fix2.zip
      165.6 KB

Caleb

Portal Member
    January 14, 2012
    Using the new TsReader, I'm not getting _any_ dropped frames in any of my recorded samples (except that NewSD one) while playing them from My Videos.

When it comes to Live TV, things aren't as good though. Here's the story:
    I enabled DumpRawTS for DVB-IP and started watching Live TV. After watching football in HD for a while, I got excited, and then suddenly I saw a frame drop, and after a while another one. Then I decided to playback the dumped TS clip, and lo and behold, no frame drops when it is played back through My Videos.
    I figured that maybe the dumping of the raw TS stream might be slowing things down, so I disabled it and tried to watch some hockey on an SD channel, but then I saw some major frame droppage again :(.
    I restarted MP, enabled DumpRawTS and went back to watching the hockey again, and I saw a lot of frame drops again, I saved the logs and the dump: http://ifile.it/x89e4zu/Hockey1Logs.zip Unfortunately, once again the raw clip plays fine in My Videos, so maybe the logs will help.
    I tried again, and this time I saw over 70 dropped frames in Live TV, so here're logs and a sample: http://ifile.it/ao5wltk/Hockey2Logs.zip
    Note that in the Hockey2Logs.zip file, I forgot to delete all the previous logs, so I think that the TVServer logs might be the same as in Hockey1Logs.zip.

I wonder what could be causing problems only in Live TV...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom