.TS/H.264 from Kartina.TV problems (1 Viewer)

Anders_G

Portal Member
July 11, 2007
Hillerød
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Good day,

Sorry to pick-up this old thread, but does anybody know which plugin that uses MP's own DVB-IP filter to watch Kartina TV with that Caleb is refering to?

Best regards

Anders

Anders_G

Portal Member
July 11, 2007
Hillerød
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hello mm,

Yes I know that but it was taken out of the IPTV filter as it seems it was too complicated and needed a plug-in, and when reading the discussion you linked to, it seems that someone (Dimka) was making that plug-in, but there is no link to it.

Until now I have been using a plug in made by a guy who is called Gipsyjack, but it seems that he has stopped developing it so I am searching for alternatives.

Best regards

Anders

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes I know that but it was taken out of the IPTV filter as it seems it was too complicated and needed a plug-in, and when reading the discussion you linked to, it seems that someone (Dimka) was making that plug-in, but there is no link to it.
    I think you have misunderstood.
    When the IPTV filter supported Kartina in the past, it was as a plugin. Just like the current RTSP, RTP, UDP, HTTP and file support - they're all plugins for the IPTV filter. The Kartina plugin for the IPTV filter (which is what Caleb was talking about) was removed by @georgius , who is the developer of the current MP IPTV filter, new/merged IPTV filter and OnlineVideos URL source splitter filter.
    I don't know for sure why the Kartina plugin was removed, but from the linked discussion it seems like the plugin is no longer necessary (see the post from Dimka). Either way, the Kartina plugin for the IPTV filter is no longer supported or publicly available (if it were available it would have been in the zip attached to the first post of the linked thread). You may need to consider other options.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    KARTINA protocol was removed by @dimka request. Anyway, it wasn't real implementation of protocol. I found old sources of IPTV filter and KARTINA was same as HTTP protocol. The implementation only removed KARTINA from url and replaced it with HTTP and used HTTP protocol. As I read from https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-iptv-source-filter.96726/page-26#post-843401 post, it seems that for KARTINA is needed some HTTP web proxy to be working.

dimka

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2009
    Hillerod
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    georgius - you are absolutely right. Kartina "protocol" is pure HTTP protocol but required broker to do authentication. I had been using your standard HTTP protocol for years now and have written my own broker which is outside of MP scope, can run on both Win and Linux platform and works well with both MP and XBMC.

Anders_G I recently changed to XBMC/Linux but still can try and compile windows version of broker if there is an interest.

Anders_G

Portal Member
    July 11, 2007
    Hillerød
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi Dimka,

That would be very nice if you could do that. It seems that the plugin that from Gipsyjack is not working anymore. When the plugin tries to fetch the EPG data from Kartina it suddenly stops and times out. Unfortunately Gipsyjack seems to have vanished, so his plugin seems to be unsupported now. My wife is really missing seeing russian television.

Best regards

Anders

Anders_G

Portal Member
    July 11, 2007
    Hillerød
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi Dimka,

No I havn't seen that thread, and no I can't read russian. I use google translate a lot. ;-) My wife is the russian speaking in the family, but I am hte technisian. ;-)

Anders_G

Portal Member
    July 11, 2007
    Hillerød
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi Dimka,

I have read it now and it sounds very promising, but the link you posted for the kartina.rar seems not to be working.

Best regards

Anders

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom