Recent content by CyberSimian

  1. CyberSimian

    GenreMap.xml file

    I am not sure whether this is part of the MP base product. I don't have one on my system. Possibly it belongs to an MP plugin or one of the tools that you are using to obtain the EPG? "TV Server Config" does have a panel where you can define the genre mappings, but the mappings do not seem to...
  2. CyberSimian

    EPG woes

    I use MP1 as my HTPC, but I do have MP2 installed in another partition. I asked Google how to install plugins in MP2, and it provided these instructions: (1) Open an Administrator window and enter the command: net stop MP2-Server When I tried this, it said that it was unable to stop the MP2...
  3. CyberSimian

    EPG woes

    Forgot to mention that the Schedules Direct plugin works only with the XML form of the Schedules Direct guide data, so make sure that your Schedules Direct account has been set to provide the XML form before you test the plugin (assuming that it installs successfully). -- from CyberSimian in the UK
  4. CyberSimian

    EPG woes

    I have never used Schedules Direct or XMLTV, so I cannot comment from personal experience. There is however one other possibility, although I am reluctant to suggest it as I am not sure whether it still works. There is a TV Server plugin for Schedules Direct that will (I think) work with MP2...
  5. CyberSimian

    EPG woes

    I am curious as to why you need to use MC2XML? Schedules Direct can provide the guide data in JSON form or in XML form. If you select the XML form in your Schedules Direct account, is that form not directly usable by XMLTV? -- from CyberSimian in the UK
  6. CyberSimian

    An incredibly and unnecessarily complicated piece of software

    I don't think that the MP1 developers would agree with that. :) I don't use subtitles or weather plugins, so I don't know what their current status is. But the "MP Extension Installer" lists two subtitle plugins, and five weather plugins. If you have problems with those plugins, report the...
  7. CyberSimian

    An incredibly and unnecessarily complicated piece of software

    MP2 is still a "work in progress", although some people have been using it as their HTPC software. Unfortunately, all of the MP2 developers have retired from the project, and so there will be no further progress that might have smoothed the rough edges and functional deficiencies. In contrast...
  8. CyberSimian

    [solved] Fresh MP2 install issues (no DVD sound / LAV filters)

    I think that codecs need to be registered with Windows, in order for MP2 to be able to use them. If installing LAV did not register the codecs, you need to do this manually. Try typing How to register codecs in Windows in the Google search field, and follow the instructions resulting. -- from...
  9. CyberSimian

    [solved] Fresh MP2 install issues (no DVD sound / LAV filters)

    My guess (and that is all that it is) would be that either: The audio codec used by that VOB file is not installed on your system, or The codec is installed but it has not been selected for use during playback. In MP1's "Config" utility, there is a panel where the user selects which audio...
  10. CyberSimian

    Skin-engine quirks

    onfocus Recently I tried coding this: <onfocus>#(iif(eq(#skin.search.id,0),skin.setstring('#skin.search.id',10)))</onfocus> Unfortunately this does not work. It seems that for <onfocus> the skin engine treats the iif condition as true, even when it is false. The workaround for this is to...
  11. CyberSimian

    Why don't my FLAC audio files play clearly in the MP2?

    Yes, that is the case. Some years ago the situation arose where members of the team had different ideas about how the product should progress, and as a result the team split into two, rather like the split that resulted in the creation of OpenOffice and LibreOffice. For whatever reason, the MP2...
  12. CyberSimian

    Replacement Satellite

    I regret to say that MP no longer has an expert in EPG transmission formats, so unless the change is trivial, this may not be fixed for some considerable time. One workaround would be to use "Schedules Direct". It is a paid service (around 30 US dollars per year), and they do provide EPG info...
  13. CyberSimian

    SchedulesDirect plugin suddenly not downloading EPG

    I am no expert, but the above suggests to me that something has changed in the way that your HTPC accesses the internet. Perhaps there have been recent Windows updates that have affected the firewall rules that are being applied. The Windows log of updates should indicate whether there have been...
  14. CyberSimian

    MP Shutting down

    There seems to be some sort of problem with Trakt. At the very end of "MediaPortal.log": [2026-05-26 09:23:10,989] [Error ] [Scrobble ] [ERROR] - MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured [2026-05-26 09:23:11,330] [Log ] [Scrobble ] [ERROR] - Exception: System.Net.WebException: Unable to...
  15. CyberSimian

    UK tuning for U&W, U&Eden and Quest + 1

    That is the configuration that I recommend, and which I use myself. (y) My HTPC is setup to grab the EPG at 06:00 hours each day, using idle grabbing. I have just checked my EPG to see if the channels that you mention are missing some EPG: The "U&W" and "U&Eden" channels both have a full EPG...
Top Bottom