[News] 1.2.0 Beta released! (1 Viewer)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Can you please make the update from this beta to the next foolproof, so that if the DEFAULT fresh installation is chosen I will get a popup message saying "are you sure you want to lose all your previous database files etc". :(

I know it's a user error on my part, but there is no undo button for it.
    There is no such thing as "foolproof" ;)

But your DB and other userdata like thumbs are not lost. Present MediaPortal folder inside ProgramData is renamed to MediaPortal_Backup.

bhengeveld

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ohw man, 1.2.0 Beta = Brilliant. So much improvement over 1.1.2.

A big thank you to all the devs!

Cooler

Portal Member
    May 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    TNX Team , 1.2.0 Beta = Brilliant. So much improvement over 1.2.0 Alpha

a view little problems upgrading. but as always my mistake {me and my plugins}TV runs smooth the misses is happy
    so i am happy.

A big thanks you to all.

rolenof

Portal Member
    April 29, 2011
    Russia
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Thanks for MediaPortal. In changelog of 1.2 there is a burner remove issue, and there is written that some extension named 'Media Player extension' provides the same (only better) functionality. Could you give me the link to this extension, or any way to make MediaPortal write on DVD disks?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Will this Beta work with For The Record?

Not immediately due to the new compatibility check in MP. You will just have to wait for compatible plugins. I suggest you monitor their forums for that.

cwchapma

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Is there a way to force MP to use an extension that isn't marked to be compatible? That seems to be an option for skins but not extensions. It seems a shame that there are a whole lot of plugins that would work except they aren't "marked" as compatible.

Any hacks? I might have been a little overzealous upgrading and now my irss tvblaster doesn't work so I can't change channels. :( I'm guessing it would work fine without the version checking.

Thanks,
    Clint

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom