[News] 1.2.0 Beta released! (1 Viewer)

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just a reminder for everyone using this great release to update the "My System" specs in your forum profile :)

:D Good one! I was a few versions behind.

Question: Coverflow is very nice, but it sometimes hangs or stutters for a while if i go through my collection. I think it has to do with the folder.jpg picture resolution. What do you guys use for maximum resolution / kB for those images?

ROLA

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Very nice!!
    I was running MP1.1.2 prior upgrading to MP 1.2.0 Beta.
    It feels like 5 years of development. Impressive!
    Keep up the good work..

faithbaby

May 7, 2011
    Thanks to the whole Team! Great milestone again on MP1. Updating Prod now, updating went as a breeze. Now the incompatible plugin challenge:)
    Some were already updated but some have to be done by the developers
    13.gif

W

Warren Davis

I am looking for a contract developer for this version release. We are preparing to build TV station HD Media Capture systems for use in the US News Room enviroment. I am the Product Manager for Bitcentral in Newport Beach, CA. Please email me at wdavis@bitcentral.com if you can work with this specific code.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Warren

Thanks for your interest! I'll pass your message on to the rest of the team and we'll be in touch.

Best regards,
    mm

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Malware detected in install file by TrendMicro

Hi.

When trying to download the 1.2 beta installer through our connection at work, I received a warning from our TrendMicro InterScan web filter:

Access to this web site content was blocked by the IT HTTP/HTTPS Scan Policy because malware was detected from this URL.

Event Details:

URL: http://freefr.dl.sourceforge.net/project/mediaportal/MediaPortal Setup/MediaPortal 1.2.0/MediaPortal_Setup_1.2.0_Beta.exe

Action: deleted

Details:
    -- File: $INSTDIR/TeVii.dll, Enclosure: MediaPortal_Setup_1.2.0_Beta.exe, malicious code name: PAK_Generic.001
    The uncleanable file is deleted.

When I download through another connection and scan the file with McAfee VirusScan it finds nothing, so I presume it's a false positive.
    Did anybody have any problems with virus scanners and the 1.2 beta installer?

Best regards.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: Malware detected in install file by TrendMicro

Hi.

When trying to download the 1.2 beta installer through our connection at work, I received a warning from our TrendMicro InterScan web filter:

Access to this web site content was blocked by the IT HTTP/HTTPS Scan Policy because malware was detected from this URL.

Event Details:

URL: http://freefr.dl.sourceforge.net/project/mediaportal/MediaPortal Setup/MediaPortal 1.2.0/MediaPortal_Setup_1.2.0_Beta.exe

Action: deleted

Details:
    -- File: $INSTDIR/TeVii.dll, Enclosure: MediaPortal_Setup_1.2.0_Beta.exe, malicious code name: PAK_Generic.001
    The uncleanable file is deleted.

When I download through another connection and scan the file with McAfee VirusScan it finds nothing, so I presume it's a false positive.
    Did anybody have any problems with virus scanners and the 1.2 beta installer?

Best regards.
    100% false alarm.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I thought most companys block .exe files from being downloaded anyway, the ones I have worked in always have done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom