[News] 1.2.0 Beta released! (1 Viewer)

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Thanks for MediaPortal. In changelog of 1.2 there is a burner remove issue, and there is written that some extension named 'Media Player extension' provides the same (only better) functionality. Could you give me the link to this extension, or any way to make MediaPortal write on DVD disks?

I am not aware of any other MP plugin capable of burning.
    Burning is not something that I personally would want to do from my main HTPC, so for me it is not a big deal. But I also suspect that not everyone will have another PC to burn from (on fast network to copy big recording).

Therefore the source of the original burner plugin is available and hopefully a community dev want to continue/create something.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Is there a way to force MP to use an extension that isn't marked to be compatible? That seems to be an option for skins but not extensions. It seems a shame that there are a whole lot of plugins that would work except they aren't "marked" as compatible.

Any hacks? I might have been a little overzealous upgrading and now my irss tvblaster doesn't work so I can't change channels. :( I'm guessing it would work fine without the version checking

No hacks available. Previously the MP has had problem with incompatible plugins causing instability since they aren't compatible with the MP's sub systems anymore. Only the plugin developers are able to tell if their plugin is compatible with a specific version of MP's sub system(s) they use.

Just wait that plugin developers are able to roll out plugins that are 1) compatible with the current MP sub systems 2) will provide a version that are having the version information.

This has been done to save lot of time for all the three parties - plugin developers, team members and end users.

MacGyverek

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2010
    Rydułtowy
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    MediaPortal 1.2.0 Beta working only on Windows 7/Vista??
    When I traying install on Windows XP SP2 a have error massage like: Windowst XP SP2 not supported this instalation.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    MediaPortal 1.2.0 Beta working only on Windows 7/Vista??
    When I traying install on Windows XP SP2 a have error massage like: Windowst XP SP2 not supported this instalation.

XP SP3 is required - if I remember correctly, haven't used XP for many years.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The new MP seems good so far... I do love the eye candy, I think the skin is certainly going in the right direction... The more and more Black Glass it gets the better in my opinion and thank god for getting rid of the MePo character... I know some of you loved him, but too much of a gimmick in my opinion.

Now just gotta wait for IRSS, 4TR, InfoServices, HTPCInfo annd a thousand other plug-ins to get updated... Thanks guys...

Worth mentioning Last.FM seems no longer compatible with My Lyrics, any one else, sorry if this is not the place, just noticed it just then, the info is not being passed correctly it seems...

Testudo

Portal Pro
    November 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: 1.2.0 Beta released!

The new Skin is great, it looks very good! (I miss the "MP Man" a little bit ;))

The reaction rate of the skin is at least 2x faster as before.

catavolds style is not to overlook.
    It makes PureVisionHD Blue nearly needless ;)

I will test the new Version. So far I'm very enthused.
    :D:D:D:D

Testudo

naape

Portal Member
    December 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Thanks, this was a great birthday present :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom