[News] 1.2.0 rc released! (1 Viewer)

mpirklbauer

Portal Pro
May 7, 2011
Home Country
Austria Austria
AW: 1.2.0 rc released!

May it be possible to integrate ShortCutter in MP 1.2 Final??

5teve

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    I tend to use the keyboard input plugin, i was struggling to find an updated shortcut'er. I know the keyboard input plugin works with 1.2rc as i have my Imon / Harmony one running via it. I havent used Shortcut'er for a while, but when i used the KIP it had lots more features like export and import etc..

Just a thought...

Steve

mpirklbauer

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Oh sorry, didn´t see it.

But why?
    It would make MP more perfect, than it is so far, if there is the possibility of customizing shortcuts for any Window/Action without an extra plugin.
    Sure that means more work for the MP Team.

I think it is enough, if there where shortcuts for the major windows, like TV, Movies, Radios, ....

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: 1.2.0 rc released!

Oh sorry, didn´t see it.

But why?
    It would make MP more perfect, than it is so far, if there is the possibility of customizing shortcuts for any Window/Action without an extra plugin.

I think it is enough, if there where shortcuts for the major windows, like TV, Movies, Radios, ....
    Including Extensions has been discussed many times. Team MediaPortal will not do that because it will effectively kill Extensions development due to the long development times of a new MP release.

Extensions that are released as an MPE file can be simply found, download, installed and updated through the MediaPortal Extensions installer.
    Sadly not many use MPE - maybe the community has to make the authors aware that they want the extensions as mpe instead of an exe installer. ;)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: 1.2.0 rc released!

Oh sorry, didn´t see it.

But why?

Including Extensions has been discussed many times. Team MediaPortal will not do that because it will effectively kill Extensions development due to the long development times of a new MP release.

Extensions that are released as an MPE file can be simply found, download, installed and updated through the MediaPortal Extensions installer.
    Sadly not many use MPE - maybe the community has to make the authors aware that they want the extensions as mpe instead of an exe installer. ;)

+1

We could engourage the extension developers to move to MPEI if the wizard would propose few good extensions to be installed :p Would be good for MPEI and good for the users (My TV series, Moving Pictures could be used). Althou those plugins should be something that can be configured inside MP itself...

mpirklbauer

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

I know the MPEI, it´s a great feature!

So far MP 1.2 RC works great for me, the most things I need are available.
    But you´re right, it would be the, if all Plugins/Skins where for the MPEI

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom