[News] 1.2.0 rc released! (1 Viewer)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi Guys

Can anyone confirm the version of TV Server? MP is definitly 1.2.0 but i remember seeing tv server as being 1.1.8 or something like that. I did a clean install installation, but didnt manually stop TV server. All channels and settings were in tact after the 'clean install' option.

It seems to be working fine and channel changing is that fastest i have ever seen it and i have been using it for around 8 years! Just wanted to check the version..
    Hi 5teve!

Not heard from you for ages! :D

MediaPortal Configuration (as well as MediaPortal.log) and TV-Server Configuration (as well as tv.log) will state the MP version as "1.1.8" which is correct.
    Only with the release of 1.2.0 final, the internal version info will be increased to 1.2.0. That way we know when a product became "final".

hilfer

Portal Pro
    November 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    In this RC release, is there any way to force subtitles to play automaticaly when playing video files on "MOVING PICTURES" or " MY TVSERIES " ??
    It is quite annoying to select everytime manually.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    In this RC release, is there any way to force subtitles to play automaticaly when playing video files on "MOVING PICTURES" or " MY TVSERIES " ??
    It is quite annoying to select everytime manually.
    In MP Configuration -> Videos there is such an option. But no idea if these extensions take use of this.

That you have to ask the developers of those extensions.

robhawk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 20, 2008
    Thuringia
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks a lot for this release! My current setup with MP 1.2.0RC + CoreCodec 2.6 + AC3Filter 1.63b is by far the best setup till now!

5teve

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    1.1.8 is correct. :)

Thanks MM... was a little confused as MP definitly said 1.2.0 on the splash screen

Hi Guys

Can anyone confirm the version of TV Server? MP is definitly 1.2.0 but i remember seeing tv server as being 1.1.8 or something like that. I did a clean install installation, but didnt manually stop TV server. All channels and settings were in tact after the 'clean install' option.

It seems to be working fine and channel changing is that fastest i have ever seen it and i have been using it for around 8 years! Just wanted to check the version..
    Hi 5teve!

Not heard from you for ages! :D

MediaPortal Configuration (as well as MediaPortal.log) and TV-Server Configuration (as well as tv.log) will state the MP version as "1.1.8" which is correct.
    Only with the release of 1.2.0 final, the internal version info will be increased to 1.2.0. That way we know when a product became "final".

Hey IL

Yep its been about 4 years! but i'm still here, still using and i guess have been lucky as i havent had any issues over the last several releases, and the htpc is the only tv system we have.

I'd love to be involved again, but running 2 business, working full time on top of that, being heavily involved in the management of a Yacht club and finding time to enjoy this great country leaves me withy little time for anything else and hey... your doing a great job without me :)

Have to say however that even though its been a long time coming this release has to be the best yet, certainly massively faster than anything before it, and i'm still on very modest hardware (now 4 years old) Windows 7 has certainly helped the system out now as it will run for weeks without slowing (similar to xp but not vista!)

My TV tunes within 2 seconds from turning it on (including refresh change) changes channel in around 1.5 seconds (down from about 4-5 second) and it feels seriously swift everywhere else. So for any devs that may remember me (they seems to have changed quite dramatically now) send my compliments! A job very well done. 1.3.0 will be very impressive and MP2.. well.. its going to have a hard time beating this release i reckon! but i'm looking forward to it all the same.

Anyways... good job and glad you remember me :D

Steve

Hah! just noticed i'm listed as a retired Team member... Thanks for whoever did that :)

Arkard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Have one a fresh install of MP 1.2 RC today. Now I get some error messages while starting MPE Installer (Translated: "File already exists" and "No online update was found") when I want to update the extension list. In addition that, I can't install a new Extension (myTVSeries). It says "wrong file format".

My bad or a bug?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom