1.32 X64 does not detect HD Homerun channels, 1.31 32-bit does (2 Viewers)

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I'm getting an error on my development machine where, only when I first call MP1, but not in subsequent calls during the same session, where the volume control for the machine appears at the top left hand corner of the screen and I see this in the log:

[ERROR] - HideVolumeOSD: OSD window not found!

Is anyone else seeing this?

This error is generated in FindOSDWindow() in HideVolumeOSDLib.cs which was changed in 1.33.

The sound card is a RealTek and I'm using digital output.

I'm going to change the code back in that file and I'll reboot the machine and let you know what happens.
    Can you post the log in debug mode?
    Does the Volume OSD shows up on the screen when you call the MP for the first time?
    Can you try the Core.dll from the attached file?

Attachments

• Core.x64.zip
      1.1 MB

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can you post the log in debug mode?
    Does the Volume OSD shows up on the screen when you call the MP for the first time?
    Can you try the Core.dll from the attached file?
    Yes, the Volume OSD does show up on the screen when MP is called for the first time.

I'll give the attached Core.dll a try.

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    The attached Core.dll didn't change anything.

I have realized that the development machine had Hide Windows OSD set ON in the configuration program (which is not how I normally have it set). I have no idea how it got set ON.

I've set it OFF and the problem has gone away (no surprise there).

I guess you'll need to check why there is an error when Hide Windows OSD is set ON.

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    The attached Core.dll didn't change anything.

I have realized that the development machine had Hide Windows OSD set ON in the configuration program (which is not how I normally have it set). I have no idea how it got set ON.

I've set it OFF and the problem has gone away (no surprise there).

I guess you'll need to check why there is an error when Hide Windows OSD is set ON.
    Oh, I see, you are pointing to the error log. If I understand correctly, the option Hide Volume OSD is working fine on your machine.
    The log error is a bit misleading. The MP usually calls the function to find osd window handle twice:
    • on first attempt, where it's unsucessful - that is why you are seeing the error log
    • then the MP invokes presentation of the volume osd on the screen
    • on second attempt, the process is sucessful

I agree, that the log should be set to debug and not to the error.
    Please note, that there was no change in this part of the code in MP 1.32 or 1.33.

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Oh, I see, you are pointing to the error log. If I understand correctly, the option Hide Volume OSD is working fine on your machine.
    The log error is a bit misleading. The MP usually calls the function to find osd window handle twice:
    • on first attempt, where it's unsucessful - that is why you are seeing the error log
    • then the MP invokes presentation of the volume osd on the screen
    • on second attempt, the process is sucessful

I agree, that the log should be set to debug and not to the error.
    Please note, that there was no change in this part of the code in MP 1.32 or 1.33.
    That's great. Glad there is no issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom