1.32 X64 does not detect HD Homerun channels, 1.31 32-bit does (1 Viewer)

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I think I found it. There is a realy bug in DeployTool. It actually happens upon uninstalling (before the installation itself ). The DeployTool is trying to delete Uninstall key, but without write request.
    That's great news. Don't you hate it when you know there is something wrong but can't find it.

Well done for finding that. We can now both sleep at night:).

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    That's great news. Don't you hate it when you know there is something wrong but can't find it.

Well done for finding that. We can now both sleep at night:).
    You can try the new installers from this post.
    I was able to reproduce your issue with the old installer and verified that it works with the latest (1.33 Pre).

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    You can try the new installers from this post.
    I was able to reproduce your issue with the old installer and verified that it works with the latest (1.33 Pre).
    I'll give that a try on a test machine.

I notice that there is a new client database (MediaInfoDatabase). The media info processing doesn't seem to handle .WTV video files. Is that an oversight or should .WTV files be excluded from media info processing. There is a similar issue with blacklisted file processing where .WTV don't seem to be compatible. In my coding I exclude .WTV files from being blacklisted and I wonder whether the same would be appropriate for Media Info processing.

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    I'll give that a try on a test machine.

I notice that there is a new client database (MediaInfoDatabase). The media info processing doesn't seem to handle .WTV video files. Is that an oversight or should .WTV files be excluded from media info processing. There is a similar issue with blacklisted file processing where .WTV don't seem to be compatible. In my coding I exclude .WTV files from being blacklisted and I wonder whether the same would be appropriate for Media Info processing.
    Well, the database is only for storing MediInfo scans to avoid scanning the same file again. If the extension is not in the group of video files(set in MP Configuration), then the service will always does the new scan by MediaInfoWrapper on request.
    If the MediInfo lib cannot handle the videofile, then the result will not be stored into the database.
    That is all.

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Well, the database is only for storing MediInfo scans to avoid scanning the same file again. If the extension is not in the group of video files(set in MP Configuration), then the service will always does the new scan by MediaInfoWrapper on request.
    If the MediInfo lib cannot handle the videofile, then the result will not be stored into the database.
    That is all.
    Okay. Got it.

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Just so I'm clear about this, there is already an option to 'Skip files already in database'. Is the MediaInfoService offering something different from that?

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    The reason I am raising this is because I get the following log error when playing the film indicated:

[2024-01-16 12:04:03,254] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - [MediaInfoDatabaseSqlLite][Get] Failed to retrieve MediaInfo for the file: 'D:\Media\Film\10 Cloverfield Lane.wtv'

I wonder whether this error is occurring because MP1 can't get MediaInfo information for .WTV files. If that is the case, shouldn't we ignore .WTV files to avoid generating log error messages?

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    The reason I am raising this is because I get the following log error when playing the film indicated:

[2024-01-16 12:04:03,254] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - [MediaInfoDatabaseSqlLite][Get] Failed to retrieve MediaInfo for the file: 'D:\Media\Film\10 Cloverfield Lane.wtv'

I wonder whether this error is occurring because MP1 can't get MediaInfo information for .WTV files. If that is the case, shouldn't we ignore .WTV files to avoid generating log error messages?
    The error is occurring 'couse MediaInfoWrapper is unable to scan the file.
    Sorry, I don't have an experince with the 'wtv' extension.

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    The error is occurring 'couse MediaInfoWrapper is unable to scan the file.
    Sorry, I don't have an experince with the 'wtv' extension.
    Yes. That's why I raised this.

.WTV was the format used by Windows Media Center. Therefore, people who moved from WMC to MP1 probably will have .WTV files they want to watch.

MP1 does play .WTV files but the media info doesn't work as well for .WTV as for .ts.

All I'm saying is that it might be an idea to exclude .WTV files from the MediaInfoService.

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Yes. That's why I raised this.

.WTV was the format used by Windows Media Center. Therefore, people who moved from WMC to MP1 probably will have .WTV files they want to watch.

MP1 does play .WTV files but the media info doesn't work as well for .WTV as for .ts.

All I'm saying is that it might be an idea to exclude .WTV files from the MediaInfoService.
    Well, it's not a problem to add extension exclude list to the MediaInfo service.
    Anyway, if the MediaInfo is not available, then the video refresh rate(FPS) for the adapater cannot be determined.
    There is alternate way how to get the fps(from videopin). It seems to be working (at least for my tested wtv file) and can be used as alternate option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom