1.7.6 - can't get into configuration>plugins (1 Viewer)

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i agree, its gotta be something like firewall/UAC/virus scanner messing with the network connection from it etc, you do have windows 7, disable em, restart, see what happens

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    what if you copy the DB to your local C:

modify the registry so it points to that C: version

check if it now loads in plugin configuration

registry key for custom paths is here
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MPTVSeries\DBFile

scythe000

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2008
    aha, that fixes it. I'm running Microsoft Security Essentials on both PCs, so i doubt that's the cause. Same user name and pw so i doubt that's it. What am i missing?

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    well if it didnt work id said something is wrong with your MP/Database etc, since it does work locallly, to me it really seems like a network issue with that pc and the server, since you said it works for your other PCs,

firewall/virus scanner/something along those lines

Id uninstall Microsoft S.E. from client and server both pcs to be sure 100% its not that

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It's not the server, otherwise it'd affect the other PCs/

well thats not true in all cases, if you had a firewall on that server for example it could easily just effect traffic from one pc/ip/mac address.

if you copied the db to another/different pc, shared it, mapped it, changed the db path would it work?

scythe000

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2008
    OMFG, I fixed it. I re-read your post above,and I thought I had had UAC completely off, but it was just on the setting before bottom. I disabled it, restarted and now I can get in. The crazy thing is that I could get in to the MP-TVSeries Config directly, but just having it installed was making the plugins panel crash the MP-Config screen. So weird, but resolved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom