1.7.6 - can't get into configuration>plugins (2 Viewers)

scythe000

Portal Pro
July 6, 2008
So bizarre. Apparently, just attempting to exit configuration makes it crash. I see this repeated a lot:

2012-02-06 21:15:57.857303 [Info.][Config Main(1)]: SQLLiteClient: waiting for remote database file Z:\mpdb\Database\TVSeriesDatabase4.db3 for 35040 msec

Logs that changed attached.

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    well you didnt really answer my question or post proper debug log files so i dont know

good luck with it hopefully someone else can help.

scythe000

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2008
    You're a gentleman, sir. I can't make any changes to my configuration because it crashes, however it informs me that the log level is set to debug. Am I missing something?

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    it all still works, I just can't get into the plugins configuration.

this implies you can still run mediaportal normally on that machine, but you cant get into the plugin configuration

if that is true, then i dont see why you cant post the debug log files with mediaportal running normally ie not using the plugin configutation.. it might provide more info on what could be the issue.

FAQ - mptvseries - Frequently Asked Questions. - MP-TVSeries: plug-in for organizing TV shows in MediaPortal - Google Project Hosting

scythe000

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2008
    Because it's not Mediaportal that's crashing...it's mp-config...I'm giving you the logs it gives me, but it seems debug mode doesn't affect the configuration tool.

But anyway, here's debug logs anyway, but of course i couldn't cause a crash with them.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Try taking tvseries out of the equation temporarily. Remove the MP-TVSeries.dll so it doesnt try to load the database.

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    the debug logs you posted look ok, except for this message for latestmediahandler plugin, maybe you could remove that and put back in tvseries see if it changes anything in plugin configuration

Code:
    6-Feb-2012 21:52:21 Error [LatestMediaHandlerSe]: GetLatestMediaInfo (TV Recordings): System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'TVDatabase, Version=1.2.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

scythe000

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2008
    the debug logs you posted look ok, except for this message for latestmediahandler plugin, maybe you could remove that and put back in tvseries see if it changes anything in plugin configuration

Code:
    6-Feb-2012 21:52:21 Error [LatestMediaHandlerSe]: GetLatestMediaInfo (TV Recordings): System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'TVDatabase, Version=1.2.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Didn't help, sorry. Only renaming the MP-TVSeries.dll helped at all. it should be noted that i can get in to the mp-tvseries config directly, just snot through configuration.exe

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ensure your firewall if you have one allows access to that path via configuration.exe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom