2.1.1 - Love it - Huge improvements and fast as hell but still lacking in terms of menue structure (1 Viewer)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Just started playing again with the new release - and i have to say it's a wow - it immediatly hit the woman accaptence factor (with the wmc skin) - in point of view only small things sre disturbing me - so I would like to have more space between the tiles and some menues and working indiactors (circle) are not centered.

Startup is - wow - incredible and import is now also running fine (I only have movies and series for now)

but - the menues are still a mess. It's not clear why I have to have two rows of menues next to eachother. I would expect that when I change an item in the left hand menue that the right one will show me the submenues I have availibel. Not in MP2. Also I would expect that when i press "menue" on the remot I will get a dialog to work with - or that the slider menue right hand will open (which seems to have the same indication) - but it does not work. Maybe this is because my remote is configured for MP1?

Over all - I really hope you will manage to tighten up the menus (special as everything is configured within MP - which is great)

Over all - great work - hopefully the number of Dev's will see the potential and start working to bring the plugins to MP2!

THX

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the feedback and glad, that you are mostly happy with the changes :) Though not much changed for WMC skin.

so I would like to have more space between the tiles and some menues and working indiactors (circle) are not centered.
    I can not follow this well. Which tiles? Which indicators are not centered? Actually everything is vertically centered, so would be good, if you add a screenshot and circle the problem areas.

It's not clear why I have to have two rows of menues next to eachother
    Do you mean the top menu in the media views? It has two rows, so you don't have to scroll long time horizontally to find the items you need. Additionally you have an overview of (almost) all items. I think it's not good to see only a part of menu entries.

I would expect that when I change an item in the left hand menue that the right one will show me the submenues I have availible.
    I think you switched the topic to settings now, right? In case of settings, this is also what I proposed. Left handed are the menu items and on the right side is dynamically the content shown with all it's options. Our dev's validated the effort too high to change it. Currently I'm not sure, if it's frozen or delayed ;) Without user feedbacks nothing will happen, that is sure :)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    What I mean is like the space between TV and Nachrichten - so the selected Tale becomes more pupular
    upload_2017-7-30_14-5-49.png

with the two row structure I mean like this

upload_2017-7-30_14-7-57.png

I would expect the the second row shows the conten of the first Item (in fact the items you see when you select the part) - but in fact it is a different menue which does feel confusing

It's not that much of an issue - but here what I mean with waiting circle not in the center

upload_2017-7-30_14-18-9.png

And yes - you are right - teh last topic is about the settings :)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What I mean is like the space between TV and Nachrichten - so the selected Tale becomes more pupular
    It has the same distribution as in original WMC. Because the text is also highlighted it's clear enough from my point of view. I think I tried a bit adjustment of the gaps and it looked missaligned, when being larger.

with the two row structure I mean like this

I would expect the the second row shows the conten of the first Item (in fact the items you see when you select the part) - but in fact it is a different menue which does feel confusing
    Ah ok, it's also about the settings. I agree and I was trying to convince our devs to change it. Status is in previous post. I agree, that MP2 had a very unlogical and confusing menu structure, now it's much better than before, but still not perfect.

It's not that much of an issue - but here what I mean with waiting circle not in the center
    Well, that's a minor thing. The loading circle is an overlay, need to check it. Anyway I planned to add the typical WMC loading circle instead.

piscdi

Portal Member
    March 17, 2017
    Minot, Maine
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Great job on the new version; kuddos to all. I especially like the new "fail safe" warning on deleting recordings. Having mistakenly deleted programs in the past, this was a welcome addition.

MP2 continues to be the best. I play with Kodi, MP1 and Plex, but always rely on MP2 for its rock solid performance; it never gives me any issues. With Lehmden's and Lightshock's EPG Buddy, its the complete package for my needs.

A quick question if I may. Thank you for the new weather plugin, but is there a way to change the info to Fahrenheit? The odd thing is that the server displays Celsius while the clients both show Fahrenheit (the clients, btw, did not get upgraded to the latest version).

Thank you again for all your fantastic work. The WAF is off the charts :), btw.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The odd thing is that the server displays Celsius while the clients both show Fahrenheit (the clients, btw, did not get upgraded to the latest version).
    I am not entirely sure if I understand this correctly: the server can't display anything, only the clients do. If a 2.1.1-client now always displays the temperature in °C, we might have hardcoded this info by mistake. I'll have to check how my own system is behaving if I am changing the regional information into English (US) in the settings.

piscdi

Portal Member
    March 17, 2017
    Minot, Maine
    Home Country
    Hi HTPCSourcer,

Thank you for your reply. The server with the latest update only displays Celsius; there doesn't seem to be a setting to change that. The clients, which both have the previous build, show that same weather info BUT in Fahrenheit. It does not appear to be skin related; all skins show same phenomena.

Screen shots attached.

Attachments

• Server Image.PNG
      Server Image.PNG
      1.3 MB
    • Client Image.PNG
      Client Image.PNG
      627.8 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ah, now I understand.

@ge2301 , the temperature display seems to be skin-dependent. TE honors the region info, but WMC doesn't.

piscdi

Portal Member
    March 17, 2017
    Minot, Maine
    Home Country
    Hi,

I really don't think its a skin issue (but I've been wrong before :rolleyes:), I get the same results no matter which skin I use, server or client.

Attachments

• Server Image Win10 Skin.PNG
      Server Image Win10 Skin.PNG
      609.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom