2.1.1 - Love it - Huge improvements and fast as hell but still lacking in terms of menue structure (1 Viewer)

piscdi

Portal Member
March 17, 2017
Minot, Maine
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I really am off my game this morning. I should have shown you images of the same skin, server and client.

Attachments

• Server Image TE Skin.PNG
    Server Image TE Skin.PNG
    1.1 MB
  • Client Image.PNG
    Client Image.PNG
    627.8 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I should have shown you images of the same skin, server and client.
    When you say "server" are you referring to a single seat system whereas "client" is a remote access to the former? In the above screenshots "server" displays °C whereas "client" shows °F - which is the opposite of the Win10 screenshot in posting #10.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The "Client image" has weather data from May 24 and displays a different location - "Minot (US)" vs. just "Minot". Something is definitely not correct. Did you delete old weather locations and defined new ones with MP 2.1.1 ?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, I set my client to English (US) and the temperature is still displayed in °C.

@morpheus_xx , that's something for you to verify. Has this maybe been hardcoded to always use Celsius in the API call? A unit defintion in the Settings/Weather part could resolve this. I would prefer to not just link it to the language settings .

Last edited:

The Solutor

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Linking units and languages wouldn't be matter of preferences, would be simply wrong.

To take the matter right you have to look at the international settings here

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International

Where you can use a lot of data to decide, IMO the best one to use is iMeasure (where 0 is metric, 1 is Harry Potter style :) )

piscdi

Portal Member
    March 17, 2017
    Minot, Maine
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi,

Good pick up on the client dates, HTPCSourcer. Yup, I'm an idiot; I never noticed that. After trying unsuccessfully to refresh the weather location on the clients, I upgraded the clients to 2.1.1 and (surprise!) they too are Celsius only (but NOW have the correct dates (y)).

Thank you for the follow up; I'm beginning to understand why the wife is hiding all the sharp objects around the house lately :rolleyes:.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Fantastic opportunity to begin to take the national lead on driving the change to use SI units instead Imperial :whistle:
    Actually the SI unit for temperature if deg K (Kelvin):oops: and in the USA they use an even older pre-victorian measurement system, the more modern British Imperial system has, among other things, bigger galleons/pints and a Ton is 2240 pounds (exactly a metric Tonne) rather than 2000 pounds for a US Ton,
    Seems unlikely they will go metric anytime soon.;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom