24-01-2006 CVS: Problems with recording (1 Viewer)

ronald2oo2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 15, 2005
    Netherlands
    [EDIT] today (next day) I also notice that the TV freezing every ~2 sec when the timeshift function is on. I am sure this was not before [/EDIT]

Area: Media Portal Program
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-01-24)
    MediaPortal Skin: mce
    Audio Codec: InterVideo Audio Decoder
    Video Codec: InterVideo Video Decoder
    Video Render Type: VMR9
    (see footer)

Synopsis: GUI freeze with start of recordings & tuner freeze in 1 channel with exit of recording: both require MP reboot after which recording begins / channels can be selected.

After 2 fresh XP image recoveries and 2 new RC2 installs over the last few days I think I have everything working again and very nicely (this time). The thing I am most happy about is that I had before not very good TV picture quality (tried all codes but nothing helped and sereiously began to doubt my h/w) and now I have a perfect clear picture again. :D Even my front display works again which since RC2 never worked.

In fact everything seems to be working smoother then before .... except for the recording!!!!

Everytime when I start a recording the GUI freezes and navigation is not possible (can only move mouse) and fans go to full speed for about 5min. First time I waited +10min without change in GUI. After the PC reset MP works and the recording is automatically started.

After I stop the recording(s) via the planner (no other stop command works for me anymore!) I can not change the channels anymore (no tuner available). Need to reset MP to fix this.

(kind of) Off-topic:
    I don't want to be bitching -because I love MP and fully appreciate all the hard work that is put in it by the developers- but since the CVS of 17-jan I had a lot of problems with MP even with a new (1st) fresh install of XP and several installs of MP RC2: crashing of MP setup at startup, crashing of MP at startup, many problems with WebEPG (it is my impression that if EPG is not correct that MP has big problems in the TV GUI with freezes, not being able to switch on TV etc).

Anyway I love MP (only last days were little frustrating). Keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Ronald

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    I can confirm exactly this problem.

But here it only occurs when I start recording while watching TV. Scheduled recordings (via planner) do work. I can even watch TV on my second tuner (PVR 500) while the scheduled recording runs in the background.

Cheers, Michael

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    MJGraf said:

But here it only occurs when I start recording while watching TV. Scheduled recordings (via planner) do work. I can even watch TV on my second tuner (PVR 500) while the scheduled recording runs in the background.

Cheers, Michael

Exactly the same here, PVR500. No one else has put up an error log, so I'll crash MP and post one later.

See this thread too: http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12633

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    28/01/2006 1:43:56 p.m. SQL:TVDatabaseV21.db3 cmd:sqlite3_step err:ERROR detailed:cannot VACUUM from within a transaction query:vacuum
    28/01/2006 1:43:56 p.m. TVDatabase exception err:confused:QL:TVDatabaseV21.db3 cmd:sqlite3_step err:ERROR detailed:cannot VACUUM from within a transaction query:vacuum stack: at SQLite.NET.SQLiteClient.ThrowError(String statement, String sqlQuery, SqliteError err)
    at SQLite.NET.SQLiteClient.ReadpVm(String query, SQLiteResultSet set1, IntPtr pVm)
    at SQLite.NET.SQLiteClient.Execute(String query)
    at MediaPortal.TV.Database.TVDatabase.RemoveOldPrograms() DELETE FROM canceledseries where iCancelTime < '20060127000000'
    28/01/2006 1:43:58 p.m. SQL:TVDatabaseV21.db3 cmd:sqlite3_step err:ERROR detailed:cannot commit - no transaction is active query:commit
    28/01/2006 1:43:58 p.m. tvdatabase commit failed exception err:confused:QL:TVDatabaseV21.db3 cmd:sqlite3_step err:ERROR detailed:cannot commit - no transaction is active query:commit

laeb66

Portal Pro
    March 20, 2005
    Sweden
    Konferm this problem

MJGraf said:

Cheers, Michael

Started with CVS 23/01-06
    Workt fne before this

ronald2oo2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 15, 2005
    Netherlands
    CVS 28-01-2006

With today's CVS (I skipped 27-1) I still have similar problems, only a slight different dehavior:

When I start recording -during LIVE TV- now the picture freezes and the audio gets in a ~2sec repeative loop for about 40~50sec. Some times then MP freezes, most times it crashes to XP with "report to M$" popup.

When I startup again the recording is running. When I stop the recording via the planner or the TV GUI the recording is stopped but still the tuner is not released from the previous recorded channel EXCEPT if pressing the record button on the remote while looking at the channel that is being recorded. In last case I could normally change channels after ending a recording.

Alike Brocklander I found this in the error log:

28-1-2006 14:10:54 SQL:TVDatabaseV21.db3 cmd:sqlite3_step err:ERROR detailed:cannot VACUUM from within a transaction query:vacuum
    28-1-2006 14:10:54 TVDatabase exception err:confused:QL:TVDatabaseV21.db3 cmd:sqlite3_step err:ERROR detailed:cannot VACUUM from within a transaction query:vacuum stack: at SQLite.NET.SQLiteClient.ThrowError(String statement, String sqlQuery, SqliteError err)
    at SQLite.NET.SQLiteClient.ReadpVm(String query, SQLiteResultSet set1, IntPtr pVm)
    at SQLite.NET.SQLiteClient.Execute(String query)
    at MediaPortal.TV.Database.TVDatabase.RemoveOldPrograms() DELETE FROM canceledseries where iCancelTime < '20060127000000'
    28-1-2006 14:11:16 SQL:TVDatabaseV21.db3 cmd:sqlite3_step err:ERROR detailed:cannot commit - no transaction is active query:commit
    28-1-2006 14:11:16 tvdatabase commit failed exception err:confused:QL:TVDatabaseV21.db3 cmd:sqlite3_step err:ERROR detailed:cannot commit - no transaction is active query:commit

PS I tried the recording function several times today after the latest CVS. Before (re)starting MP I renamed the log dir several times. This is the first time today that I found any error even while I had several MP crashes due to recording.

Cheers,
    Ronald

ronald2oo2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 15, 2005
    Netherlands
    @ laeb66, wishywashy, brocklander, MJGraf ?????

Does any of you already have an idea/solution/work-around or are you still coping with these problems?

Can anybody make heads or tails from the error log? What means "cannot VACUUM"? Does this indicates something specific which maybe is wrong in the TVDatabaseV21? Can we somehow fix this?

I have a vacuming robot. Does that count? :?

laeb66

Portal Pro
    March 20, 2005
    Sweden
    recording problem..

ronald2oo2 said:
    @ laeb66, wishywashy, brocklander, MJGraf ?????

Does any of you already have an idea/solution/work-around or are you still coping with these problems?

Can anybody make heads or tails from the error log? What means "cannot VACUUM"? Does this indicates something specific which maybe is wrong in the TVDatabaseV21? Can we somehow fix this?

I have a vacuming robot. Does that count? :?

Still have the same problem!! I test evry new CVS to see if the have solv the problem!!!
    So far I get back and use CVS 22-01-06 I only get a black screen when Itry to play any movie... Started today.. all format!! dvr.ms mpg avi

This one works fine... Not the best soulution but it works...

Find a new problem with all CVS fom 29-01-05

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    It's just a guess, but I think these errors may be to do with the automatic clean up options for disk space and episode management that were built in recently.

It may be an idea to try disabling these new features. Go to Plugins and look for the new manager plugins at the bottom of the list.

I don't get the problem in the same way you guys do, so I don't think it will work for me but let me know your status with this. If it works then it will help the devs know where to look to fix the issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom