3D Background Images for BasicHome screen (1 Viewer)

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I browsed the whole thread but didn't find the xml for the linked weather...
    Could you post it again please?

Edit: Plus did I get it right that this will then display the respective background image
    on the basic screen according to the weather forecast?

Last edited:

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Have been using 3D images on MP for a short while, & have to say, I think it is a big plus for the frontend's customisation ability.

I have wanted to make some images based on my own preferences for some time, but needed time to learn how to use GIMP for their design.

I hope you like them, even if they don't suit your taste. I prefer using images based on the programmes (sci-fi) I like.You may even notice my namesake in one of them :whistle:

mccay_a

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    m3rcury You have become my preferred developer of good MP 3d Backgrounds,

so I have a few other suggestions that I would love, as my current selection is just not right for me

Music Videos ( I don't know what you would do here to portray Music Videos,. but I think something like 3d glass skin, with pics of popular music, site like mtv, or screen shots of very well known album art like U2 Joshua tree. )

Weather - the current pics I use are fields of flowers, but it don't show weather very wall.

games - I like the Mario one, but I have personal preference to something like this ( http://xboxgamezone.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/splinter_cell_chaos610.jpg )

I have been deployingg Media portals for some time for end users, hence my requests. They love the ones you have provided so far. They are just better than normal generic offering. ( so man people make film and TV backgrounds, but neglect the other plugins for good art )

Regards, mccay_a

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Probably shouldn't go here, but could not find a recent thread for this. I made this splashscreen based off Stargate some time ago. It was based off a bootskin from some years ago. I updated it for 16:9 HD. Hope you like it.

Someone may notice I have borrowed some of the images to complete it. If you don't want them used, I will remove it.

splashscreenn.png

Last edited:

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    m3rcury You have become my preferred developer of good MP 3d Backgrounds,

so I have a few other suggestions that I would love, as my current selection is just not right for me

Music Videos ( I don't know what you would do here to portray Music Videos,. but I think something like 3d glass skin, with pics of popular music, site like mtv, or screen shots of very well known album art like U2 Joshua tree. )

Weather - the current pics I use are fields of flowers, but it don't show weather very wall.

games - I like the Mario one, but I have personal preference to something like this ( http://xboxgamezone.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/splinter_cell_chaos610.jpg )

I have been deployingg Media portals for some time for end users, hence my requests. They love the ones you have provided so far. They are just better than normal generic offering. ( so man people make film and TV backgrounds, but neglect the other plugins for good art )

Regards, mccay_a

mccay_a, what do you think of these 2 game images....

If you like them, I'll have a look into your other requests....

Also, here is a link to some of my other work.

Attachments

• Assassins Creed.jpg
      Assassins Creed.jpg
      860 KB
    • Splinter Cell.jpg
      Splinter Cell.jpg
      892.1 KB
    Last edited:

mccay_a

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Whooh Mate. just looking over some of your other images. I def have to change a few on my portal to use some of yours.

I see you have done Sky Movies. Nice Could you do sky sports and and sky ( Generic )

I am not a user of assassins creed, but as a huge Splinter cell fan, i have already added this to my PC Games.

you have def added a bit of extra Ummfff to my portal ( to many generic backgrounds but you have provided each time )

Will provide link to showcase soon, including your images

regards, Alan[DOUBLEPOST=1347158752][/DOUBLEPOST]Actually i pretty much have a good portion of your images aready in my portal. nice work .

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Whooh Mate. just looking over some of your other images. I def have to change a few on my portal to use some of yours.

I see you have done Sky Movies. Nice Could you do sky sports and and sky ( Generic )

I am not a user of assassins creed, but as a huge Splinter cell fan, i have already added this to my PC Games.

you have def added a bit of extra Ummfff to my portal ( to many generic backgrounds but you have provided each time )

Will provide link to showcase soon, including your images

regards, Alan[DOUBLEPOST=1347158752][/DOUBLEPOST]Actually i pretty much have a good portion of your images aready in my portal. nice work .

mccay_a, here is a link to the sky backdrop. Hope you like ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom