3D Background Images for BasicHome screen (4 Viewers)

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Re: Backgroundimages - 3D :)

Hi all.
Would you can create installation pac of this images in to current version StreamedMP?

Will look at adding a option pack to the editor for the next patch - long term (think MP 1.2) it is highly likley that the images here will become the defaults for the skin - there are some major improvements in 1.2 for image cacheing and animations that are required to make these images really work.

thx

Trevor, is it possible to include this backdrop as well in the next release pack [https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...5814638-backgroundimages-3d-my_tvseries3.jpg]

:D

No problem - nice backdrop.

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country

Hi,

For those of you that have applied the patch you will notice that these 3D images are now included in the skin as a background theme.

Thanks to Froderik for the initial idea and images and the additional images from m3rcury and catavolt.

I forgot to add the credits to the editor.

Thx again

mcl

Portal Pro
December 1, 2009
AW: Backgroundimages - 3D :)

hi,

i'd really love to use your backgroundimages. but for my tv the resolution is too low :)
couldn't you make them all in 1920x1080? so they would look great on a full hd tv and also should on all the others.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta

Will look at adding a option pack to the editor for the next patch - long term (think MP 1.2) it is highly likley that the images here will become the defaults for the skin - there are some major improvements in 1.2 for image cacheing and animations that are required to make these images really work.

thx

Trevor, is it possible to include this backdrop as well in the next release pack [https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...5814638-backgroundimages-3d-my_tvseries3.jpg]

No problem - nice backdrop.

Trevor,

I have another one for you to consider as a splashscreen maybe.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Backgroundimages - 3D :)

hi,

i'd really love to use your backgroundimages. but for my tv the resolution is too low :)
    couldn't you make them all in 1920x1080? so they would look great on a full hd tv and also should on all the others.

Hi,

Are you refering the images taken from this thread of the ones supplied with the lastes patch/release?

When I added these to the build I did optimise by resizing to 1280x720 and 95% jpg quality and that may have been too agressive in the trade off between size and quality. They looked ok on my Full HD system but that is a 32" screen, a bigger panel may be a different matter I guess.

If it is the skin supplied versions you are refering to could you try replacing a couple with the version in this thread and let me know if things look better?

Is this all images btw or are some ok?

thx

mcl

Portal Pro
    December 1, 2009

well, i found this thread some time ago and was very interested. but i've never tried them because of the resolution. then with the latest updates of streamedmpt the backgrounds where supplied with the skin so i tried them. and they don't really look so good. it's all of them.

i could try the ones in this thread if they've got better quality. but i have to admit that i don't actually want to use some backgrounds that don't have a resolution of 1920x1080.

furthermore i think for any backgrounds it would be the best way to make them in native 1080p. then everybody should be happy. because it would look great on full hd tvs and on all the others, too. in the end a 1080p pictures does look very good on a display with a lower native resolution. and much better than a ie 720p pictures on a full hd display.

but i'll give those backgrounds here a try next weekend.

Froderik

Portal Pro
    July 28, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hello together,

@ m3rcury - I really like your images, they are great quality, look really good. Thank your for adding so much great new stuff.

@ trevor - Thank you for adding this to the skin. It makes me very proud being a small part of this great projekt. I use StreamedMP for quite a while now, and really love it.
    I just tried an actual SVN with your V1.5, it is very promissing. I'm can't wait to try the new 1.2Beta release.

I also realized that the compression of the images in the skin theme is very hight. Would be a good idea to recompress them with a higher quality.

@ catavolt - Is it possible to replace the mask (backgroundimage) of the pictures you did with the mask from my first post? I think the animation of the menu images (x-fade) looks much better if there is no difference in the background image

I'm really overwhelmed by the reactions in this thread. Please go on adding more artwork. Thank you all for your work.

Frank :)

furnibird

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 15, 2008
    Sydney

My first attempt.

Attachments

• Movies.jpg
      Movies.jpg
      486.5 KB