[fixed] 4k HEVC DXVA2 not playing correctly in MP2 (1 Viewer)

JSchuricht

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2009
    Arizona
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    On GraphEdit are you looking for the decode path on the main page or something else?

upload_2018-10-25_2-22-55.png

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The log is also looking OK. Getting out of ideas. Are the latest Intel video drivers installed for your HD 630 graphics? -> 25.20.100.6326 dated 10/9/2018

JSchuricht

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2009
    Arizona
    Home Country
    I upgraded the Intel drivers from 8/2/18 24.20.100.6229 to 25.20.100.6326, didn't make any difference. I have also had multiple previous versions with the same results.

After a bit of frustration, I found that opening LAV before starting playback always shows no active hardware accelerator. Opening LAV after starting playback does show the hardware decoder for both MP2 and MPCHC. Top screenshot is MPCHC, bottom is MP2 with a lovely blank screen, no video decode or video processing and no network activity indicating the file is streaming. I used the same video file for all tests.

upload_2018-10-26_3-38-13.png

upload_2018-10-26_3-39-39.png

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    opening LAV before starting playback always shows no active hardware accelerator
    This is the correct behavior. The filter is dynamically added to the graph, hence you need to play a video file for the filter to be used.

bottom is MP2 with a lovely blank screen
    The problem must be after the graph built.

@morpheus_xx, this case may be of interest to you. Any idea why the 4k/HEVC playback is not working in MP2?

muscles

Portal Member
    July 15, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi just would like to share my experience with 4k with mediaportal 2, in that i had same issuses with my 4k mkv rips on geforce gtx 960 it would stutter not watchable when i check lav filters they were version 72 etc and at dxva2 native and copyback so i downloaded the git version on lav filters which had d3va11 (or what its called) and selected that and native mode, (d3va11 copy back makes movie stutter again), movie played smoothly no issuses but here it is having select d3va11 dos'nt do any deinterlacing so it buggers up live tv grrrr

as of yet, only way i'm thinking on my setup to get this to work is reverting back to mp1 and using external player for me media

Last edited:

JSchuricht

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2009
    Arizona
    Home Country
    I'm going to entice this a bit. I know many developers do not have the equipment to test this. Germany misfortunately is too far for shipping but if a trusted member of the development team located in the US is willing to work on this I will loan out some hardware for testing. I have a MSI Cubi 2 with an i7 7700t, 8GB RAM and a spare 120GB SSD I can ship out UPS ground with a return label included. I'll load it with a clean install of Windows 10 and MP2 with a movie or two that I have tested to have the DXVA2 MP2 playback issue. My only ask is to return the hardware with the included shipping label and a version of MP2 that works for 4k HEVC playback posted for everyone to use.

JSchuricht

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2009
    Arizona
    Home Country
    Alright, I am tired of dealing with this issue. I just donated $150. I'll give another $200 if it helps to get hardware to develop on and fix this issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom