[fixed] 4k HEVC DXVA2 not playing correctly in MP2 (2 Viewers)

JSchuricht

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 13, 2009
    Arizona
    United States of America United States of America
    Country flag
    I am extremely happy to report x64 is working great. HEVC decode is working, skipping ahead, backwards and resuming after stopping the video work great.

upload_2018-12-12_3-39-12.png

JSchuricht

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 13, 2009
    Arizona
    Country flag
    On x86, disabling video effect changer makes no difference.
    Checking default/vsync/maxperf render modes made no difference.
    Refresh rate changer was already disabled.

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I am extremely happy to report x64 is working great
    This is great! :)

It makes me wondering if it is only the x64 platform, or also the fact that I needed to disable some components that are not yet available as 64 bit version. This applies especially to the subtitle rendering, so I would go for some more tests in x86 version as well.

aspik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    It makes me wondering if it is only the x64 platform, or also the fact that I needed to disable some components that are not yet available as 64 bit version. This applies especially to the subtitle rendering, so I would go for some more tests in x86 version as well.
    Would it be then enough to just set the setting Subtitles (players -> video player) to "No" ?

JSchuricht

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 13, 2009
    Arizona
    Country flag
    I just tried setting subtitles to no with HEVC checked in LAV on MP 2.2 x86. Results are the same with a black screen. I also tried VSync and max performance with subs set to no and had the same results.

I did notice one thing I missed before, when I have the black screen and HEVC decode enabled, video decode is showing usage like it's working but something is hiding the video output. Skipping ahead and resuming worked too where it had failed with HEVC unchecked.

upload_2018-12-12_20-28-19.png

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I just tried setting subtitles to no with HEVC checked in LAV on MP 2.2 x86
    Just to be sure: did you use my "mixed mode" test binaries (x86/x64) for the x86 test?

The reason is, that in this build I have execluded all subtitle/filter handling that is not available in 64 bit (mpc subs, dvb subtitle etc.). This means, if my test build does not work better, I think we can rule out the subtitle handling as impact (as related code is excluded by compiler directives).

At the moment I think the main reason is that the LAV 64 bit decoder is just working better than the 32 bit version, as the rest of MP2 code is the same in both cases.

The graph build/release changes and better handling of DotNetStreamSource are already included in WIP 2.2.1 branch, so they will be part of next minor release.

A working 64 bit support for general use does take more work, especially on the native components. So this could be at earliest part of a MP 2.3 release.

ge2301

MP2 Design
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    At the moment I think the main reason is that the LAV 64 bit decoder is just working better than the 32 bit version, as the rest of MP2 code is the same in both cases.
    MP1 also uses LAV 32 Bit and it works there, if I'm not wrong.

JSchuricht

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 13, 2009
    Arizona
    Country flag
    My previous test of setting subtitles to no was with the 2.2.1 WIP. I tried the x86 client from the mixed mode test binaries and had the same result of a black screen. It was the same for subtitles disabled as well as VSync and max performance options.

Users who are viewing this thread