4od ITV Catchup BBC iPlayer etc? (2 Viewers)

CrashUK

Portal Pro
July 24, 2008
I have used in mce PQ is very poor. also most of the stuff is not full 25fps some of it is 15 fps

Lerxst

Portal Member
April 6, 2009
Manchester
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I saw an alternative to TunerFree MCE called Nevermiss TV which brings together all the on demand video's in one screen. I'm not sure if anyone's seen it but first tests seem quite promising.

Nevermiss.tv/

MPKeith

Portal Member
September 21, 2008
Home Country
I've e-mailed the author of TunerFree MCE, Martin, to inform him of this proposal, and also to let him know that much of ITV's content is available in Brightcove streamable Flash format from STV's website: stv.tv Video | Home (I got the tip-off for this from the website of the "Caught Up" Firefox Add-On: Improve ITV Player Catch Up — Caught Up Firefox Add-on ).

(BTW, as far as I can see, Brightcove content is streamable only in Flash format, through the embedded player or through partners' websites: Brightcove Online Video Platform | Online Video Publishing and Brightcove Online Video Platform | Online Video Distribution . I've tried using Safari's Activity window and Firefox's Live HTTP Headers add-on to locate the raw FLV file but have been unsuccessful - the links seem to be somehow obfuscated.)

Hi dabotsonline, did you manage to get access to Brightcove streamable Flash format in the end? A thread over here about trying to get a brightcove stream into the online-videos plugin, but hitting the same problems you described.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom