[solved] 5012: Restart current music track (1 Viewer)

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When a track is played and the skip backward key is pressed, MediaPortal plays the previous music track on the playlist.
    Is it possible to restart the currently played music track from the beginning, like other media players do when the skip backward key is pressed?

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Is it possible to restart the currently played music track from the beginning, like other media players do when the skip backward key is pressed?
    If i remember Mediaportal dont have backward key, only Play previous [F7], Play next [F8], Rewind [F5] and Fast forward [F6] and i dont remember work in Now playing Music
    and
    keys for skip steps ...​

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is it possible to restart the currently played music track from the beginning,
    If you are using an MCE RC6 remote control, pressing the PLAY button whilst the track is playing causes play to restart from the beginning of the track. This is because the PLAY button on an MCE RC6 remote sends a signal that is different from the PAUSE button.

If you are using the Ortek/Hama remote control, the PLAY button sends the same signal as the PAUSE button, so the ability to restart play of the current track is not possible with the default config. However, you could customise one of the other buttons so that MP interprets it as PLAY.

If you are using a keyboard, the default action depends on whether the key is defined as PLAY or as PLAY_PAUSE_TOGGLE. However, you can (I think) change the action, or define another key to do what you want.

One quirk: I have just tried an MCE RC6 remote on my system, and after pressing PLAY to restart the current track, playback stopped when that track had finished (play did not proceed automatically to the next track). I am not sure whether this is a feature or a bug. :confused:

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for your replies!

I use a MCE RCE6 remote control but at least on the Now Playing screen the PLAY button doesn't cause the track to restart from beginning.
    Also not the [down] arrow keyboard key.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I use a MCE RCE6 remote control but at least on the Now Playing screen the PLAY button doesn't cause the track to restart from beginning.
    I don't use MP regularly for playing music, so I am perhaps not using it in the way intended :eek:.

I have the list layout set to "folder view" (possibly called "shares" on your system -- I have edited my language file to use a more sensible name). I then navigate to an album, and start play using the OK button on the first track. Pressing the PLAY button then restarts play of the current track.

The difference may be in the definition of the buttons for the remote control. If the "Now Playing" panel has a window id that is different from the folder view, the config for the remote may not be defining the PLAY button to act as play on "Now Playing". So it may be worthwhile checking the button definitions in "MP Config", and seeing if you need to add an extra definition for "Now Playing".

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Down key on remote ...
    It doesn't work with my MCE RCE6 remote control either.
    Moreover, it would step only 10 % backward instead to the beginning of the track.
    Is it possible to add a MediaPortal action for the track backward?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom