1.29.0 [solved] 5073: 1.28 Pre-release XML importer change (issue?) (1 Viewer)

TBacker

Portal Member
June 23, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Country flag
Just installed 1.28, and the new XML EPG importer refuses to import the xml spit out by EPG-Buddy. Older versions of MP1 ingest it fine.

My setup:
  • Client/Server, TV Server running on a Windows 10 Pro x64 box.
  • EPG data path: Schedules Direct > mc2xml > intermediate folder > EPG-Buddy XML import / processing > intermediate folder 2 > picked up by TV Server XML import.
I was able to get things running by swapping in the XmlTvImport.dll from 1.27. I don't know if the dll interface has changed internally, but it seems to work fine for now.

Here is the error:
Code:
[2021-05-12 22:07:50,066] [Log    ] [SetupTv  ] [INFO ] - plugin:xmltv importing files in C:\!EPG\Processed\\tvguide.lst
[2021-05-12 22:07:50,066] [Log    ] [SetupTv  ] [INFO ] - plugin:xmltv importing C:\!EPG\Processed\TVGuide_1.xml
[2021-05-12 22:07:50,378] [Log    ] [SetupTv  ] [INFO ] - xmltv import C:\!EPG\Processed\TVGuide_1.xml
[2021-05-12 22:07:50,487] [Log    ] [SetupTv  ] [ERROR] - XML tv import error loading C:\!EPG\Processed\TVGuide_1.xml err:For security reasons DTD is prohibited in this XML document. To enable DTD processing set the DtdProcessing property on XmlReaderSettings to Parse and pass the settings into XmlReader.Create method.
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowWithoutLineInfo(String res)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDoctypeDecl()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadToDescendant(String name)
   at TvEngine.XMLTVImport.Import(String fileName, Boolean deleteBeforeImport, Boolean showProgress)
[2021-05-12 22:07:50,519] [Log    ] [SetupTv  ] [INFO ] - Xmltv: imported 0 channels, 0 programs status:C:\!EPG\Processed\TVGuide_1.xml: Invalid XML file:For security reasons DTD is prohibited in this XML document. To enable DTD processing set the DtdProcessing property on XmlReaderSettings to Parse and pass the settings into XmlReader.Create method.;
[2021-05-12 22:07:50,519] [Log    ] [SetupTv  ] [INFO ] - Xmltv: waiting for database to finish inserting imported programs.
[2021-05-12 22:07:50,519] [Log    ] [SetupTv  ] [INFO ] - plugin:xmltv import done

I will attach the source file it wouldn't process.

I have also let them know on the EPG-Buddy thread in case this is a new XML formatting requirement that they need to meet.

Attachments

• TVGuide_1.xml
    16.5 MB · Views: 0

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    Just installed 1.28, and the new XML EPG importer refuses to import the xml spit out by EPG-Buddy. Older versions of MP1 ingest it fine.

My setup:
    • Client/Server, TV Server running on a Windows 10 Pro x64 box.
    • EPG data path: Schedules Direct > mc2xml > intermediate folder > EPG-Buddy XML import / processing > intermediate folder 2 > picked up by TV Server XML import.
    I was able to get things running by swapping in the XmlTvImport.dll from 1.27. I don't know if the dll interface has changed internally, but it seems to work fine for now.

Here is the error:
    Code:
    [2021-05-12 22:07:50,066] [Log    ] [SetupTv  ] [INFO ] - plugin:xmltv importing files in C:\!EPG\Processed\\tvguide.lst
    [2021-05-12 22:07:50,066] [Log    ] [SetupTv  ] [INFO ] - plugin:xmltv importing C:\!EPG\Processed\TVGuide_1.xml
    [2021-05-12 22:07:50,378] [Log    ] [SetupTv  ] [INFO ] - xmltv import C:\!EPG\Processed\TVGuide_1.xml
    [2021-05-12 22:07:50,487] [Log    ] [SetupTv  ] [ERROR] - XML tv import error loading C:\!EPG\Processed\TVGuide_1.xml err:For security reasons DTD is prohibited in this XML document. To enable DTD processing set the DtdProcessing property on XmlReaderSettings to Parse and pass the settings into XmlReader.Create method.
        at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowWithoutLineInfo(String res)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDoctypeDecl()
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
       at System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadToDescendant(String name)
       at TvEngine.XMLTVImport.Import(String fileName, Boolean deleteBeforeImport, Boolean showProgress)
    [2021-05-12 22:07:50,519] [Log    ] [SetupTv  ] [INFO ] - Xmltv: imported 0 channels, 0 programs status:C:\!EPG\Processed\TVGuide_1.xml: Invalid XML file:For security reasons DTD is prohibited in this XML document. To enable DTD processing set the DtdProcessing property on XmlReaderSettings to Parse and pass the settings into XmlReader.Create method.;
    [2021-05-12 22:07:50,519] [Log    ] [SetupTv  ] [INFO ] - Xmltv: waiting for database to finish inserting imported programs.
    [2021-05-12 22:07:50,519] [Log    ] [SetupTv  ] [INFO ] - plugin:xmltv import done

I will attach the source file it wouldn't process.

I have also let them know on the EPG-Buddy thread in case this is a new XML formatting requirement that they need to meet.
    Good catch! Will fix it asap

Nordfinn

Portal Member
    January 18, 2014
    Home Country
    Country flag
    Where do I put the .dll to fix this issue? In what folder?

TBacker

Portal Member
    June 23, 2011
    Home Country
    Country flag
    Where do I put the .dll to fix this issue? In what folder?

64-bit Windows:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Plugins

32-bit Windows:
    C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Plugins

You will have to stop the TV service before swapping them, then just restart the service.

Users who are viewing this thread