[WiP] 5154: MediaPortal 1 - x64 - SharpDX (1 Viewer)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Will it work as a stand alone install?
    This is the usual standard Media Portal installer.

Can I install plugins from "MediaPortal Extension Manager" or should i use the files from the first post to get the x64 version?
    Of course you can, and it's even better to have an understanding of which plugins to update in the repository. While I found that the list of extensions has incorrect links to plugins:
    • Extension
    • CEC Remote

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just tried to install the x64 MP 1.31 with TVServer/Client, but installer did not install new TVServer (marked as installed in installer window).
    As I did not want to spoil my x86 perfect working x86 installation, what would be the solution?

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Just tried to install the x64 MP 1.31 with TVServer/Client, but installer did not install new TVServer (marked as installed in installer window).
    As I did not want to spoil my x86 perfect working x86 installation, what would be the solution?
    Yes, apparently the TV server is the same as MP x86, the install folder was changed for me to "C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server (x64)".
    I also tried to install over normal x86 install folder and installer did nothing,

Last edited:

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    It's Memorial Day weekend here in the states so I will not be doing any more testing until next week.
    I think backupSettings plugin will work to preserve TV server settings to the new TV server folder but haven't tested yet.
    Haven't tested single seat yet either.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    marked as installed in installer window
    All right, the TV Server in x86 and x64 is the same, if you have one then why install another one exactly the same.
    That's why the server is not set, since it is already installed, the client is set.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Yes, apparently the TV server is the same as MP x86, the install folder was changed for me to "C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server (x64)".
    Since the server is the same, so as not to break anything during installation, we put the TV Service in a separate directory. But if TV Service from x86 is installed, then TV Server from x64 will not be installed, and the folder can be changed as before.

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    It's not there yet, but @framug said that he managed to build the x64 version, so if it works, we will add it in the next version.
    Hello,
    Because there are mixed references between client and server and vice/versa, I will not try to do that until X64 client will be in master trunk. ;)
    And even with that, not sure it will work, at the end...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom