[WiP] 5154: MediaPortal 1 - x64 - SharpDX (6 Viewers)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Maybe less resources would be needed (or could be borrowed) to interface to TV Mosaic given it has already been done for MP 2 than to create an x64 TV Engine from the long out of of date existing x86 version currently in use?
    We need a TV Client completely detached from the TV Server, in TVE3 this is not the case. In TVE3.5 I do not know, I have not found the actual source code. If it is untied in TVE3.5, it is not a problem to remake it for TV Mosaic. Or you have to write TV Client from scratch. But I am not able to write TV Client from scratch. If I used TV Server, I would write it, but I am not using it for at least 10 years and it does not make sense.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    What was the procedure installing. Did you do recommended uninstall or full uninstall of TV server, did you install over existing TV server?
    Install the x86 version of Media Portal and TV Server. Install x64 version of Media Portal and TV Client. That's it. TV Server is the same in both packages.
    Did you use "BackupSettings" plugin?
    No

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    We need a TV Client completely detached from the TV Server, in TVE3 this is not the case. In TVE3.5 I do not know, I have not found the actual source code. If it is untied in TVE3.5, it is not a problem to remake it for TV Mosaic. Or you have to write TV Client from scratch. But I am not able to write TV Client from scratch. If I used TV Server, I would write it, but I am not using it for at least 10 years and it does not make sense.
    See https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mp2-898-porting-mp2-to-net-6.140089/post-1293632 for information about TVE3.5 source codes and how we use them in MP2.

For MP2 I have created a complete abstraction over the used TV engine, that's why we can support TVE3 embedded, TVE3 client of standalone service, TVE3.5, TvMosaic. All interfaces are below "SlimTV" namespaces and all backends/connectors implement those interfaces.
    This has the main advantage that we don't need to change the SlimTV.Client (this is the UI part in MP2), if we deal with other backends.

This was my solution to make TV access generic. If you want to implement similar flexibility, you should to the implementation of SlimTV.Client for MP1.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    for information about TVE3.5 source codes and how we use them in MP2.
    I watched. But it is still necessary to write a TV Plugin for MP1.
    This was my solution to make TV access generic. If you want to implement similar flexibility, you should to the implementation of SlimTV.Client for MP1.
    It's understandable. But. I am not an expert in C# and I find it difficult to assess the amount of work on porting this part to MP1, and I am not interested in TV part, I do not know why to use it. But maybe someone will be able to adapt it to MP1, then maybe I can help something. But from scratch I still can not make myself :)

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @ajs
    Attached is the error I get when trying to install "MediaPortalSetup_x64_1.31.000_2023-06-07-18-29".

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-08 091905.png
      Screenshot 2023-06-08 091905.png
      201.1 KB

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Attached is the error I get when trying to install
    It looks like a problem with the Internet, the file either could not download or it was downloaded broken.
    Try again. I just installed it on mine without any problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom