[WiP] 5154: MediaPortal 1 - x64 - SharpDX (4 Viewers)

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Searching using IMDBID is always faster and more accurate.
    Not faster when you consider that you have to find the imdb id and add it to the filename before adding the movie to moving pictures.

I'd rather be lazy and let moving pictures take it's time to work it out unless there is an issue with name and year in which I am happy to add the imdb number.

My current process is to run the scan on movies on my PC with themoviedb, then rename with imdb number in moving pictures. Then I move the renamed movies to my media PC. What I have found though is that not all details get scraped so a lot of times the content rating is missing.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Not faster when you consider that you have to find the imdb id and add it to the filename before adding the movie to moving pictures.
    I add it right away, it takes very little time. But I don't use Moving Pictures.

steven123

Portal Member
    January 1, 2014
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just installed x64 v1.33. Updated from x86 v1.32. Is it just me, or is there no difference visually between the two?

Only issue I have at the moment is I can't get Logo manager to work. I have downloaded the extension file on the first page of this post, but it is not working. On the previous version, I had to replace the config file and the .dll file to make it work. When I tried that, it is no longer appearing within MP. Any ideas?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    On the previous version, I had to replace the config file and the .dll file to make it work. When I tried that, it is no longer appearing within MP. Any ideas?
    That is what I did after a fresh upgrade to 1.33 x64, Logo Manager is not working without the config file that is available for download here last post on page 91, it then works fine at least for German TV logos and definitely is visible in MP Config/Plugins.

steven123

Portal Member
    January 1, 2014
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I tried the config file in this post, but it didn't work.

In the end I figured it out. Years along I got an update of the config file and the .dll file for logo manager as it wasn't working at the time. Can't remember where from exactly, but I think it's in the thread for logo manager somewhere. At first I was copying both the .dll file and the config file into the x64 version of MP. This was causing logo manager not to work at all. When I copied just the config file it works.

I use the british pack for the logos and the attached config file works for this.

Attachments

• LogoManager.zip
      2 KB

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Searching using IMDBID is always faster and more accurate.
    I edited the scraper and updated it so it works with the imdb changes and changed it to look for the movie name as well as the year. Every movie I add has both movie name and year already so it'll be correct 99% of the time. If the wrong movie appears I can just add the imdb to that filename. The difference in speed using this method without the imdb would not be noticed.

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Just realised (reading a post from ajs) I was using an old version of DialogNotify.xml in the Titan MePo theme, that was causing my SubCentral to crash. This might also be why IMBDB+ was crashing for me on it's dialog box and why I may be the only one. Enjoy using the theme though.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I transferred the CECRemote x86/x64 versions to the Archive, and made a new version of CECRemote for AnyCPU, and added a repository to MPE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom