[6.0.3] Trakt for MediaPortal [2020-01-01] (2 Viewers)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I sure hope they are able to get the userdata back since my only backup of it was overwritten with empty jsons...
    I hope that, too!
    When I openend Trakt in MP, it asked for login, which ofc not worked because they are offline...

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Just remember guys MediaPortal Trakt plugin supports two-way sync, so when they bring the API back online, any data corrupted and lost online will be put back by the MP sync (watched history, ratings).

So don't delete your local databases until then!

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    wait, databases? You mean those json files in the trakt folder in the programdata?
    At my htpc those are all truncated to more or less empty files...

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    No, those database files are just a local cache of what we get from the API. These are used for browsing around the plugin like providing watched icons and dashboards.

The databases I'm referring to are your plugin databases like mp-tvseries and movingpictures as these also store your history. When the trakt plugin does a sync it compares your local history with online, anything watched/rated locally and not remote, will sync across.

There is an exception to the cache files regarding your history, and that is with unwatched syncing. This is synthetic as the API endpoints I use do not support that, so I use the local cache files to do this (can't remember the details).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom