[6.0.3] Trakt for MediaPortal [2020-01-01] (6 Viewers)

Johan

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Oh, explains it :)
Since all screenshots were from StreamedMP I thought it was supported allready.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Re: [1.0.0] Trakt for MediaPortal

I am running MP 1.2B. I have installed the latest StreamedMP for 1.2B (Streamed MP v1.6.7 Beta [22 Jun 2011] [Supports MP 1.2 Beta]) released yesterday.

I have clicked on the (rather obscure) red Trakt for MediaPortal link to go to the download page, and clicked on the big "Download" button. The file downloaded is TraktPlugin.mpe1

Attempting to run this results in the error "This version of Traki plugin is only supported on MediaPortal 1.1. Please download version that is supported by your version of MediaPortal."

I've re-read this thread and MP1.2B is the recommended version to use with the Trakt plugin. So where do I find the 1.2B version of this plugin that's supposedly the one you're really supposed to be using, and why does this thread recommend using MediaPortal 1.2B yet only provide a link to a version of Trakt that only runs on MediaPortal 1.1?

Very confused....

I note that on the download page there is an "archived" version of the plugin with a filename that implies it's for 1.2B, but since this is "archived" which implies old/deprecated, I'm wary of simply trying that one.

[Edit: I scrolled further down on the download page and found that the "archived" version is indeed the one you're supposed to download for MP1.2B. Can I suggest that if MP1.2B is the recommended version, then you make it clear in the first post of this thread that a special, compatible version of the Trakt plugin needs to be downloaded, and provide a direct link? It might seem obvious to the authors that the archived version is the correct version because of it mentioned lower down on the download screen, but it's easy to miss if your web browser forces you to scroll down to see it.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: [1.0.0] Trakt for MediaPortal

I note that on the download page there is an "archived" version of the plugin with a filename that implies it's for 1.2B, but since this is "archived" which implies old/deprecated, I'm wary of simply trying that one.
    Well the first line does read:
    MediaPortal 1.2 Beta users should download from the Archived Files above!

The best I can do is provide a link which points to that so its less confusing.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: [1.0.1] Trakt for MediaPortal

New Release out:

Change Log
    v1.0.1
    • Fixed a delay in start of video playback when trakt was still syncing library in background. This typically occurred on start of MediaPortal.
    • Last selected item is now remembered when you exit and enter a window, e.g. Open Trailer from Trending Movies and then return will now re-select last selected movie. Note: this is not yet implemented in the Friends window.
    • Added German translations, thanks Manini.

See first post first post for Download Details.

Technicolour

Portal Pro
    May 20, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Probably not within the scope of this plugin... but what would be really awesome is if the recommendations page could have a link to add to sickbeard or couchpotato for recommended Tv shows or Movies respectively.

Sick Beard - Internet PVR for your TV Shows
    CouchPotatoApp.com

I've been contemplating adding this to Sick Beard (note it will be on the Sickbeard interface, not in the Trakt plugin, there isn't currently any Sickbeard API to tap into), will see if I have enough time (highly likely now) and if I can be bothered :p

breen

Portal Member
    December 31, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

Probably not within the scope of this plugin... but what would be really awesome is if the recommendations page could have a link to add to sickbeard or couchpotato for recommended Tv shows or Movies respectively.

Sick Beard - Internet PVR for your TV Shows
    CouchPotatoApp.com

I also agree that this would be awesome, but understand it will also be unlikely until sickbeard implements an api.

Also, I like having the 'Calendar' feature that shows upcoming shows. My suggestion would be to be able to look back at the previous few days or week as well, and have the shows link to the actual media file in tv series, assuming it exists. Basically, I'd like the calendar to show me what aired yesterday, and be able to click on it and have the show play. Sure, you could also look at the recently added shows in tv series, but having the calendar interface would be nice as well.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

How do you think look back should work, I was thinking of adding a button in hidden menu which sets the anchor date for the calendar (default Today). This could have a few pre-defined dates e.g. Today, Yesterday, Previous Week, Custom etc.

I will add your requests to the Issue Tracker as this is something I have wanted as well but didn't get a chance to do yet.

https://github.com/Technicolour/Trakt-for-Mediaportal/issues/12
    https://github.com/Technicolour/Trakt-for-Mediaportal/issues/13

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom