6 tuners in tvserver, stuttering tv picture (1 Viewer)

Win7

March 5, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hmmm looked at the driver and the picture. As i see there are many usb tuners with the same chipset arround. Could you please go into the device manager and show the devices by connection. Now i need a picture that shows were the nova td 500 is connected. Why? I just need to now if the usb controller is installed as usb controller. When this is true ich think i should not be a big problem finding an usable terratec driver :D
Sorry at moment and the complete week am not at home so it might take some time to answer the posts!

Jare

Portal Member
March 5, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I hope this is the right picture.

Thanks for helping me. :D

Attachments

• Device.jpg
    Device.jpg
    101.3 KB

Win7

March 5, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Yes perfekt. Looks like you would have installed an usb 2.0 controller card with an usb stick. Thats great because it means we can do some tests with the terratec usb stick drivers. Have done the same with my HVR-930C, now it runs better but far away from perfect. Will do some research the days and post you modded driver of terratec.

Win7

March 5, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Ok sorry, that took some time. If the Nova TD 500 weren´t that expensive i would buy one to make the tests myself. I found an usb stick from terratec that should have the same chipset. Under Linux the same driver is used for the nova td 500 and the terratec cinergy dt usb xs diversity. So you might give the following driver a try:

http://ftp.terratec.de/Receiver/Cinergy_DT_USB_XS_Diversity/Update/Cinergy_DT_USB_XS_Diversity_Drv_Vista_XP_3.12.0.0.exe

First i would make a backup of the system. Because if you install the driver the tv-server will find new cards and you have to remove the old cards ( those with type unknown ) and remap the channels to the new cards.
Then the next Problem is the driver is written for the cinergy so you can´t update it automatically. Are you using the Remote of the tv-card? Because im sure it won´t work anymore!

Ok here i try to explain the steps that are needed to use the driver above. Download the driver and extract it.
Then enter the device manager and select the "Hauppauge Nova TD 500a DVB-T Tuner Device", under the driver tab you choose "update driver". Then select "Browse my computer for driver software", next you select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer". In the next windows select "Have Disk" and point to the location where you extracted the driver files.
The you will see a list with four entries, select the "Cinergy DT USB XS Diversity Capture. Now windows will complain the driver isn´t made for your hardware and so on, install the driver anyway! After that restart. And test it in the tv-server. I would only update one of the two cards, because then you may also use the remote and maybe its enough to have only one card installed as terratec card. I´m not sure if it will be working. Maybe the cinergy shows only as one card then i´ll have to find a way to disable the diversity Mode!

Hope it helps even if it´s a bit complicated :sorry:

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Same card here (testing for a friend). Nothing but trouble... most often it does not find any channels.
    Btw, if you are using CI, then you HAVE to use diversity mode.

Did you get any further with this, Jare?

Jare

Portal Member
    March 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi

Yes i did find the problem and it was windows vista that made the picture stuttering. All i hade to do was disabel the windows defender real-time protection. So now i can use all turners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom