A Canadian Weather Plugin using Environment Canada content (2 Viewers)

Kamshaft

Portal Member
April 28, 2010
Ontario Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
I did an Avalon skin for personal use if you want you can try it. I edited my Avalon skin to grey scale so the fonts won't be blue but can be changed easily.

If you want multi image backgrounds you will need "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Avallonis\Media\weather\backdrops" folder. I have it but it is 68 MB.

Steve

Awesome! This is exactly what I needed.
:D

stdly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey Doug,
    I am still using your plugin and would like to say thanks again for your contribution to MP and us eh! sayers! :)
    Steve

Last edited:

Marbles_00

Portal Member
    April 14, 2010
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    First, thanks for this great plugin. After the default plugin for StreamedMP went down...I wasn't sure where to turn. Then I found this great piece of Canadiana. I still learning how to fully take advantage of this plugin so bear with me with these few questions:

1) is geared towards stdly. You stated this in one of your previous posts:
    If you want multi image backgrounds you will need "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Avallonis\Media\weather\backdrops" folder.
    As I stated, I'm using the StreamedMP skin, and would like multi background images on my weather page. I downloaded the "Weather Conditions Backdrops Pack", but I have no clue as to where to put it, or how to setup StreamedMP to use them. Any help would be appreciated.

2) StreamedMP has the option of display a quick 5-day forecast on the homescreen when the Weather menu option is in the forefront, but I can't get this to display this plugin information. Anyone have any idea on how to do that?

3) StreamedMP has the option of showing a quick current weather icon and temperature in the upper right corner of the home screen (except when Weather in the menu option is in the forefront). In the StreamedMP config it states that this is tied to the World Weather plugin. Can this be modified to work with this plugin?

Thanks in advance for all your help, and responses. Again, great work on this plugin.

Godevin

Portal Member
    October 29, 2011
    Québec
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Marbles_00,

Great to know that incorporating StreamedMP implementation to the canadian weather is useful to others!

About your first question, I saw that the Avalon skin could have multiple background. I didn't include this as I wanted to design it to have mostly the same look and feel than the original weather screen using StreamedMP. I could maybe check how it is done but don't be hurry... I have to find time in looking to this.

For next questions, I don't think that the plug-in has this option to display info in the home screen as mentioned in few threads ago but I let Doug confirm that.

Thanks for your reply!
    Regards

Marbles_00

Portal Member
    April 14, 2010
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Great, thanks for the tidbits. I'll play around with the backdrop stuff...who knows. I can wait for an update...Lord knows how busy we all are, but I do appreciate that you will look into seeing if this is possible. Take your time, no rush.

As I state in my original post, I'm happy that I have some weather info, and the fact that it is totally geared for Canada, even better.

The other stuff, I know was a bit of a crap-shoot. For the current weather update in the upper right corner of the skin, I'll just keep using the WorldWeather plugin to display that info, since that is how the skin was designed.

For the 5-day quick forecast, I'll just remove since the Google API stopped working, Yahoo only displays 2 days worth. So that view is pretty much wasted and useless.

Thanks again.

x-cimo

Portal Member
    January 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks you for making this. The only nice thing to add would be streamedmp weather on the main page with preview (without needing to enter the app), similar to what's there for the weather.

Marbles_00

Portal Member
    April 14, 2010
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I agree, it would be good to have more options other than the existing plugin in this great skin, which is almost broken when Google change/broke their API. The options remaining totally suck. I'm just not sure what the course of action should be taken. Is it us requesting this on the StreamedMP skin thread, or would things role better if the plugin developer contacted the skin developer and requested this option to be included into a future skin build.

It should be there though.

Last edited:

Marbles_00

Portal Member
    April 14, 2010
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yeah, any chance of this being updated to be compatible with 1.3.0? Love this weather plugin, shame I can't use it right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom