A Couple of {On-going} Issues Within Various MP Versions (1 Viewer)

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi all,
    Not sure where this should go, as it encompasses a couple of issues, I have been having, for some time, over multiple MP itinerations. Been real lazy, in doing anything pro-active, until now.

1) MediaInfo -am I the only one who has long load times, for XVid/DivX file playback times? Yes, I still watch older TV series, & movies encoded in these codecs.
    It could take up to 5-10 seconds to load these filetypes. With an older file version, they load near instantly.

2) LiveTV -It's been a nightmare watching LiveTV news (MP hanging when loading programme, from within 'Episodes'), but I had assumed it was due to my location: I live under the city's main transmitter, on hills covered in trees. But as turned out, my TV's reception is near perfect (I have had reception issues in the past, I never use the TV, except as a monitor). Since replacing TsReader.ax with older version, the load times are great, with minimal-to-zero buffering and/or hanging/freezing.

I have attached the logs of MP ver.1.24 (I had 1.25 installed, but had to reinstall an earlier OS system, due to other reasons: 1.25 was the same issues!) playback of LiveTV, series, & movies should be shown. Don't know if they will help any analysis/diagnostics, is any dev should look into it.

Please read top readme file, inside zip folder.

PS. I will attach new set of MP logs, showing issues with original files reinstalled, soon.

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_27_07_20__19_29_Working Well.zip
      3.1 MB

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Attached are the logs with delayed TVSeries, & Movie playback times.

LiveTV will most likely have to wait until next records of news programmes, in the next day or so.

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_27_07_20__20_15_Original Issues.zip
      2.9 MB

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    As tonight was the first time LiveTV showed any issue, I have had to wait until now, to supply logs. Not sure what (if any) problems will be presented, as I have only just realised all the logs were compiled with MP set information , & not debug. Apologies if this is crucial to any analysis.
    There is definitely an issue, with LiveTV {TsReader.ax??} as after changing to debug, I went back in, tried rewatching the TV shoes, but the record had finished, & the playback was fine, with no buffering.

Given this delay, I will have to see if the earlier TsReader.ax file is fine, long term. Will report back. And leave the MP log verbosity set to debug, in future.

Here are tonight's logs, anyway.

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_02_08_20__19_06_LiveTV Issues Present.zip
      2.8 MB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Not sure what (if any) problems will be presented, as I have only just realised all the logs were compiled with MP set information , & not debug. Apologies if this is crucial to any analysis.
    Yes, it is pretty much essential that the logs be in debug mode. Remember to set debug mode for both the MP client and for TV Server (two separate settings). I run my production HTPC in debug mode all of the time.

I will have to see if the earlier TsReader.ax file is fine, long term.
    If I recollect correctly, there were some improvements made to TsReader within the last several releases of MP. Possibly some regression was introduced for rare combinations of circumstances. @Owlsroost ?

MediaInfo -am I the only one who has long load times, for XVid/DivX file playback times?
    A new version of the MediaInfo tool was included in a recent release of MP. Possibly that new version has some problems with Xvid/Divx, or MP is not using it correctly. I cannot suggest a solution, but a workaround would be to use a tool to convert all of your Xvid/DivX files to TS. Try one file first, and check to see if MP can then play the TS file resulting.

When I first moved from WMC to MP, I had lots of DVR-MS files, but at that time MP did not remember the resume point for partly-played DVR-MS files. As this was inconvenient, in the end I decided to convert all of my DVR-MS files to TS (I had to write my own tool to generate the XML files containing the metadata).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes, it is pretty much essential that the logs be in debug mode. Remember to set debug mode for both the MP client and for TV Server (two separate settings). I run my production HTPC in debug mode all of the time.
    Thanks. What is the difference between the various log modes? Not sure why it isn't installed in that mode. I have changed them over. Wasn't even aware of the TVServer log verbosity, inside TVServer Config.
    [/QUOTE]
    If I recollect correctly, there were some improvements made to TsReader within the last several releases of MP. Possibly some regression was introduced for rare combinations of circumstances. @Owlsroost ?
    As I haven't used LiveTV much until now, I am unsure of when this issue presented itself. Where can I download earlier version of the TsReader.ax file? As I have discovered the file I have changed to, also is buffering, as it did tonight. But, on normal playback, the record was fine.
    A new version of the MediaInfo tool was included in a recent release of MP.
    This is not a recent issue, with MediaInfo, & earlier video codecs. I have experienced this for a number of years; just never said anything, as I just copied over the latter mediainfo.dll, with one I have saved. With this version {ver. 0.7.26.0} the older files load in about 1-1.5 seconds, & doesn't seem to affect newer codec files.
    In case anyone else is having the same issue, I have attached the mediainfo.dll file I use.

I will resubmit the logs, in debug mode, if you think it will show any issues.

Attachments

• MediaInfo.zip
      878 KB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    What is the difference between the various log modes? Not sure why it isn't installed in that mode.
    The higher the log level, the greater the load on the HTPC. If you have a low-spec HTPC, you might notice that it takes slightly longer to navigate between panels and perform other actions such as starting playback or displaying lots of thumbnails. My HTPC is a quad core Intel Q6600, and I have not noticed any slowdown when running in DEBUG mode (and my "C:" drive is located on a slow Western Digital Green disk!).

Where can I download earlier version of the TsReader.ax file?
    I don't think that these are available separately :(. To obtain older versions would mean downloading and installing older versions of MP, and then extracting the relevant files. Not very convenient. I am not familiar with this area, so other members of the MP team may be able to say more.

I will resubmit the logs, in debug mode,
    This is worthwhile doing, although activity on this web site seems much reduced since the start of the pandemic. (I am not sure why that is -- I would have expected an increase in activity, with many people confined to their homes with nothing to do o_O.) If there is a significant pause when starting Xvid/Divx playback, the timestamps in the log file may indicate where the pause is occurring (which may give a clue as to the cause).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    On the LiveTV issue, I have discovered a major factor: for some reason, Mediaportal is causing the normal partition I use for recording TV programmes to run at 100%, during LiveTV records!
    I accidentally noticed this when I was alt+tab switching to task manager. I will start a separate thread for this issue, in the relevant forum, & post a link to it, here.
    Just quickly, there never seems to be any issue watching any *.ts video anywhere, on my system, or indeed, if a file is recorded to another partition/drive, hence why I never thought to look for it.

Here is the link.

Last edited:

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hey just wanted to add, you are not alone, i kind of have same problem, just much longer start time.

If i delete MediaInfo.dll, movie wil lstart right away, but then mepo crash a few secunds after :(
    But anyway i have 100% confirmed that MediaInfo.dll is the reason for my long wait time before playback.

Im on a 64 Bit system win 10, i see it looks like you are to...
    " Im thinking about if this make be a solution, to take the 32 bit MediaInfo.dll and put it in a folder called x86, maybe that one dont have problem"
    I see from your logs you have same WARN like me: "[Log ] [MPMain ] [WARN ] - Library MediaInfo.dll was not found at .\x86"

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Maybe need update package? yartat add some fixes... Maybe help... Or need look from where series started...

-- Tapatalk | WBR, ajs

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom