A guide to stutter free playback with Reclock (3 Viewers)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It's an audio renderer, so in MP config/settings, just select it as the audio renderer in the 'videos' section only.

(Don't select the 'use as default renderer' in Reclock configuration - this makes it very invasive, which isn't helpful....)

Tony

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    did someone get Reclock o work with DXVA? I guess I did. It is a bit difficult as I cannot use the Vsync and tearing indicator if DXVA is active.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    did someone get Reclock o work with DXVA? I guess I did. It is a bit difficult as I cannot use the Vsync and tearing indicator if DXVA is active.

If you are using Vista + Aero + EVR you shouldn't need to use vsync correction anyway and James - the Slysoft Reclock developer - doesn't recommend it in this situation.

Tony

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    If you are using Vista + Aero + EVR you shouldn't need to use vsync correction anyway and James - the Slysoft Reclock developer - doesn't recommend it in this situation.

it is not about syncing anything, I use Reclock to speed up 24fps films to 25fps ("PAL speedup"). My Plasma support only 50 and 60 Hz, no 24. I get stutterfree playback of 23,976 and 24 fps videos on my 50 Hz TV. Without Reclock I hav one small stutter every second. Annoying by panning scenes. And it works with DXVA.

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Owlsroost
    OK, but without vsync correction the 24p playback is not smooth, even with Vista+Aero+EVR. And it functions even it es not recommended. After staring 24/23,976 playback, it takes ca. 5-10 sec to reach stutter-fre status (vsync "steady state"), but I can live with that. Earlier I used directvobsub (as I use subtitles oft) and that excluded DXVA. Vsync worked well without DXVA. With 1.0.2 I started to use the MPC-HT subtitle engine, it allows DXVA (with PDVD codec) and I had the feeling that setting up vsync is more difficult and not so stable with it.

But as I see you own a 24p capable TV! Why reclock then? Dynamic refresh rate changer would not be better?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    @Owlsroost
    OK, but without vsync correction the 24p playback is not smooth, even with Vista+Aero+EVR. And it functions even it es not recommended. After staring 24/23,976 playback, it takes ca. 5-10 sec to reach stutter-fre status (vsync "steady state"), but I can live with that. Earlier I used directvobsub (as I use subtitles oft) and that excluded DXVA. Vsync worked well without DXVA. With 1.0.2 I started to use the MPC-HT subtitle engine, it allows DXVA (with PDVD codec) and I had the feeling that setting up vsync is more difficult and not so stable with it.

But as I see you own a 24p capable TV! Why reclock then? Dynamic refresh rate changer would not be better?

Yes, in HDMI mode the TV does support 24Hz, but for other reasons I use it in DVI mode which only allows 50Hz & 60Hz.

I was getting occasional problems with 24Hz stuttering - I tried enabling vsync correction in ReClock - so far it seems to have fixed the stuttering (vsync correction slider at the half-way position), so thanks for the suggestion :) - I should have tried it a while ago, but I don't play 24Hz material very often.

What position do you have the 'vsync correction' slider set to ?

Tony

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    What position do you have the 'vsync correction' slider set to ?

I have it like this: -----------------------V----------- a little bit on the right from middle

I spotted this position with the temoprary use of ffdshow (without DXVA, file 23,976fps 720p mkv h264) and with the help of the on-screen indicators for vsync and tearing of Reclock (with DXVA they are not shown): deactivate vsync correction, play file, wait for stutterfree playback (vertical line running smooth without stutter), look for the vcync indicator position on the left (up is left, bottom is right in Reclock settings, it goes up and down, pause-play repositions it also), where it resides for the moment.

But you can simply experiment a bit with several positions too (try-and-error)

The same ffdshow vsync position could be used for powerDVD-DXVA setup too. But stutterfree playback takes 1-3 seconds sometimes after starting movie (vsync position takes its place).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom