[fixed] "A reboot is required after a previous action. Reboot your system and try it again" (1 Viewer)

metropolis

Portal Pro
June 1, 2007
Orpington
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Re: "A reboot is required after a previous action. Reboot your system and try it agai

Hi there,

Try installing:

vcredist_x64.exe
vcredist_x86.exe

There were also another MS patch I used on my W7 x64 system...trying to remeber it

J.

Already have both these installed.

AHHH! it works, one of these must have worked, maybe the vbs.
Many thanks to all those who contribuated, cheers Jay_UK.

CHEERS ALL.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Re: "A reboot is required after a previous action. Reboot your system and try it agai

Hi there,

Glad its fixed....

Its been a good one to resolve! :D

J.

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi guys

Sorry to open up a really old thread, but I am facing the same problem as @metropolis in Win 7 64 bit ultimate. I was previously running 1.4 but have upgraded to 1.6 recently. I cant install SVN versions because I get the "reboot required after a previous action".

I have tried every suggestion in this thread including checking for the registry keys mentioned and reinstalling the visual c++ redistributables and (out of frustration) a full reinstall of Windows and MP but this hasnt helped. @Jay_UK 's VBS script encounters a permission denied error when I try to run it and I have no idea what this means.

We're pretty desperate as we havent had TV for a week now because of this. Could any of you guys please help?

I appreciate any help you can offer

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom