A strange twist on multiseat (1 Viewer)

sjevtic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Is it possible to have the TVAccessService component of MPExtended run on a machine other than the machine running TV-Server? This would be really helpful, as my TV-Server machine is pretty anemic. That's not an issue for regular TV-Server operation, since the capture cards (Colossus) have hardware encoders, but the system isn't especially suited to transcoding TV streams for mobile clients with MPExtended.

Thanks.

Sasha

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No, that's not possible and probably won't be. We're planning to add support for having the StreamingService on another system though, which has the same effect.

sjevtic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    No, that's not possible and probably won't be. We're planning to add support for having the StreamingService on another system though, which has the same effect.
    Hi Oxan,

Thanks, that sounds great--any approach that lets me run the transcoding on a machine other than the one running TV-Server will be a big help. The VLC-based profiles in aMPdroid are unusable on my TV-Server machine, presumably due to the system's anemic GPU, and all it takes is a single channel of ffmpeg-based transcoding on HD content to max out the system's entry-level Xenon CPU. Do you have any idea when/in what version of MPExtended this feature will make its debut?

By the way, great job on the recent 0.5.x releases of MPExtended. They represent awesome progress from the 0.4.x releases. Keep up the great work!

Sasha

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom