A/V Sync Picture before audio (1 Viewer)

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Okay so... RefreshRate Changer is off audio sync is ok, with RefreshRate Changer on audio is off :p
    now what - what do I do?
    ehh okay.. I'll sit tight and wait for a while :)

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Okay so... RefreshRate Changer is off audio sync is ok, with RefreshRate Changer on audio is off :p
    now what - what do I do?
    ehh okay.. I'll sit tight and wait for a while :)

I have similar experiences with Refresh Rate Changer, tried almost everything, MPAR, different codecs and settings etc. but eventually disabling RRC fixes the problem. Of course then I have dropped frames with 23/24p content.

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Watching hd movies with RefreshRate Changer off really blows... as soon as there is rapid movement things go all choppy, this sux :(

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I may risk making myself look foolish here, but did you know that you can type in 23.976 into the refresh rate changer config, for me that forces my TV to the exact correct refresh rate, rather than 24 which is a little off.

So, for 23.976 content ask refresh rate changer to use 23.976,
    And for 24 to use 24.

Last edited:

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I may risk making myself look foolish here, but did you know that you can type in 23.976 into the refresh rate changer config, for me that forces my TV to the exact correct refresh rate, rather than 24 which is a little off.

So, for 23.976 content ask refresh rate changer to use 23.976,
    And for 24 to use 24.

Tried it and did not do any improvement :(
    But thanks for the suggestion! :)

before-DRR-mod.JPG
    after-DRR-mod.JPG

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Installed xbmc on the nuc, enabled DRR and it is the same problem.
    So, this is not MePo exclusive - still need help though :/

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Ah, sorry that didn't work.

How about using the A/V slider whilst watching video to manually adjust the sync (accessed via info on remote whilst video is playing) you need to have ffdshow installed and active as a video post processor for this to work. It's not an ideal solution but may be a workaround.

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Ehh.. what are you saying?
    The only thing I've ever found in any menu is "audio delay", my problem is reversed that...
    But if there IS something I can try I'm wiling to do so.
    I'm kind of a retard (as you can see on my profile pic) so I'll need a guide or something to follow...

My NUC is fully backed up so I have no problem returning to a working state :)

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Ha!

The slider seems to work both ways, forward and back. I'll see if there is a guide, if not, I'll take some screengrabs for you.

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    The guides I found seem to be about using ffdshow as a post processor to do fancy things to the video, but you can just use it for the audio / video delay option, which is what I do..

So, presuming that you are not already using ffdshow, install ffdshow video decoder (not dxva version) and set all codecs to disabled except from raw video which you should set to all supported as here:

3.JPG

Then add that to Videos Post Processing in the MediaPortal configuration as here:

2.JPG

Now when you are playing a video you can press info on the remote then go to the little music symbol and the delay slider should be active so you can go move it forward or back. This may depend on the skin that you are using, I use Titan Extended.

1.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom