ABC iview (3 Viewers)

Yansky

February 7, 2011
Home Country
Well, It seems doable, and as I understand it's using RTMP://, and that's why you can't find it using fiddler (it only captures http://).
But as the generic site-util doesn't support extended rtmp urls (with swfvfy, auth etc) it should be coded in it's own util, which shouldn't be hard given the steps described at the downloaders_wiki.

So... any volunteers?

The sister program to rtmpdump - rtmpgw might be a better option as you could then use your existing generic site-util and have rtmpgw send the rtmpe stream to mediaportal as a regular http stream.

More info here: RTMPGW(8):

Also, the rtmpdump devs are usually pretty quick to respond if you post to their mailing group with any questions: The rtmpdump Archives

Unfortunately my programming experience is limited to Javascript and Python, so I can't really help you much with any C# coding.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You probably didn't understand doskabouter correctly. OnlineVideos already does what rtmpgw is doing - a local http proxy for rtmp streams. It's transparent to the user, as it runs inside the plugin. So those rtmp links can already be played, but need their own SiteUtil (.net) to setup the stream parameters.

ferzal

Portal Member
    December 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    There has been a plugin for ivew for XBMC for a long time which has worked off an on from what I can gather due to infrequent updates. The current project xbmc-boxee-iview - ABC iView plugin for XBMC and Boxee - Google Project Hosting may give some tips for people here.

You should note this passage from that site:
    The ABC (and more recently the BBC) have enabled a check on their RTMP streams known as SWF Verification. This requires that, approximately every 60 seconds, an application streaming from their servers respond in a particular way to a 'ping'. Unfortunately for everyone, Adobe have decided to take the legal option of sending cease and desist letters to open source projects who implement this 'feature'.

Sounds a bit more tricky than one might initially suspect and would require ongoing attention.

Callumgw

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2008
    Home Country
    I'm back!, been a little busy,

Paul, thanks for having a look at this, I'm going to have a look at the wiki again for you tonight.

can any Aussie help out with a VPN? or know of a good one that can be used? please help Paul out.

C

Callumgw

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Any progress? no one got a VPN?

there is a firefox add in that get iview stuff...might help out a bit

C

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well, the first version of the ABC-iview is available!

I didn't have a working vpn when I needed it :( , so I couldn't test if it works.
    Please try it yourself, and report back here if it isn't working. (Be sure to attach mediaportal.log (debug-level) to your post!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom