ABC iview (2 Viewers)

Ozviewer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    Home Country
    I don't know what you two are doing wrong (as both post no info on system, MP version or logs!!) but I can use ABC iview, it is not red and it works fine with 1.2

On 9 July 11, I went to the MP Plugin page and d/l Online Videos v 0.30. On installation I got a message along the lines of "this version of online videos is not compatible with MP 1.2" or something like that.

Is there another version that is compatible?

rmeredit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 10, 2007
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    On 9 July 11, I went to the MP Plugin page and d/l Online Videos v 0.30. On installation I got a message along the lines of "this version of online videos is not compatible with MP 1.2" or something like that.

Is there another version that is compatible?

There are two versions of the plugin - one for pre-1.2 beta versions of MP and one for the 1.2 beta version. The reason for this is that, well, 1.2 is still in beta, not final. 1.2 beta is not intended for general use, only advanced users.

If you go to the post in this forum that announced the 0.30 version of Online Videos, you'll see two links for the two different versions. If you're running MP 1.2 beta, then make sure you download that version. To save you time, here's a direct link for the version that works with 1.2 beta: http://mp-onlinevideos2.googlecode.com/files/OnlineVideos0.30.0.1.mpe1

Regards,

Rob.

Collective

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I know this is going to make a lot of people tear their hair out, I've been waiting for iView to be available through mediaportal without having to open firefox in MP for a long long time

But I have 1 not so small problem question
    I don't access iView directly from ABC iview
    I access it as part of iinet's freeview so that anything I watch doesn't count to my monthly bandwidth quota
    ABC iView

In fact the freezone has a lot more than just ABC's iView
    iiNet Freezone

All of these videos I get quota free, whereas if I load iView from ABC iview I don't want to use up all my monthly bandwidth

Now the iViewFox plugin has this note
    Note: iiNet users, please access the iview site directly at ABC iview rather than from the freezone portal. Your download will still be unmetered.

Is this possible??? Is this still going to be unmetered with this plugin? Also, is there any other way to include the other unmetered content with this plugin, such as WASO concerts, TED presentations, etc from iiNet Freezone ?

If not, don't pull out the rest of your hair, I'll make do with the firefox integrator plugin and use the mouse to navigate. Anyone else using iView with this plugin on iinet, I would appreciate feedback about the quota free thing. I can't test it myself just yet, am waiting for a new Motherboard and a fresh install (sigh)

Thanks

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well, I do like the way my hair is (although the color is fading a bit...) so no worries there!

Can you verify in some way that watching abc's iview is/isn't metered? Because I did see that term passing by once in a while, when I was developing this site.

Callumgw

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Could I suggest one of two simple checks......ring IINet and ask them if direct access counts...or find a day with no unmetered content, check your online log. watch some iview directly and check yo log again...it shows unmetered content (or freezone content)

post back the result for any who follow you.

C

Collective

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ok, I did a quick check, watched a vid on the direct iview site, and according to iinet's data usage meter, it was classed as 'unmetered/freezone', as was the TED website from TED: Ideas worth spreading
    Unfortunately, it seems WASO concerts are only availably in iinet's freezone with no way to download them :( When you go to the WASO website http://www.waso.com.au/ and click on webcasts, it takes you directly to the iinet freezone

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi All,

I just got a report that iview is broken...

I've updated the site to meet new coding standards (probably not fixing playback issues), but I'm unable to test here, as the videos are georestricted, and I don't have a working aussie vpn at the moment.

So, if you could test the ABC iView part, and report back (preferably that it works ok :) , if not, add logs) here?

Callumgw

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi Paul,
    When did it break?
    I was happily watching stuff about 3 days ago....
    I try to remember to check it tonight.

C

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just an hour ago I got a report. It didn't state if the person was actually watching it from australia, so it may be just that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom