ability to disable wmp visualization (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

i would rather have a larger album art displayed than a WMP
An option to control the size of album art and disable the mini WMP vis would be great.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    set the player to directshow and you won't have viz in setup/music/audio rendered >.

Edit musicoverlay.xml from the skin you want to change and make the thumbsize bigger there.

A

Anonymous

MrMario64 said:
    set the player to directshow and you won't have viz in setup/music/audio rendered >.

Edit musicoverlay.xml from the skin you want to change and make the thumbsize bigger there.

thanks, maybe the ability the change this via the option menu would be ideal for newbies and stuff. not everyone can edit an xml file and it would add to the programs usefriendliesnss

A

Anonymous

If you use directshow and then press x key to toggle to full-screen visualization, then what happens is it stays on the current screen and acts like it is in visualization (ffw, rew etc. work and so do the overlays). You have to press x again to get out of that mode... a bit confusing. Maybe have some sort of indication on-screen which mode it is in or a full-screen picture of the album art and id3 tag info would be good instead of a visualization.

MrMario64 said:

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted during the reinstall of MP. I also had to do the same with TRAKT which had some issues too that were not apparent at the time. All is well once again. :cool:
    If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted...
    After much trial and error and comparing this computer with another that was working, I finally found out that Fanarthandler...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 IPTV in New Zealand DE
    that will only work if the username+password is in the m3u8 url. I have one like that and it works pretty ok
    that will only work if the username+password is in the m3u8 url. I have one like that and it works pretty ok
    I would love to get IPTV working on my Mediaportal. I have the TV server and three clients working great, but a recent power supply...
    Replies
    Views
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in driving the development of an advanced HTPC software? Would you like new features get implemented faster? Well, then join us! What we offer: Almost unlimited creative leeway The possibility to closely...
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in...
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    MediaPortal 2 has much less configuration options compared to MediaPortal 1 and Kodi and as for any other modern HTPC software it can be configured in the client without usage of external tools. The surface of PlayerFab is unknown to me, but "google search" tells me it's made not for our target group. Because of that and missing...
    MediaPortal 2 has much less configuration options compared to MediaPortal 1 and Kodi and as for any other modern HTPC software it...
    The latter is not quite a Full Media Centre yet, but its good for the Developers of Media Portal2 And Kodi to be aware of whats...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] Basic audio question... DE
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo stream, by default, in television also. Thanks for your help. N.
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo...
    Is there a way to set the default audio stream for live TV? The default default, so to speak, for me seems to be English...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom