About the X-Factor Skin (R479) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MageMinds

Portal Pro
January 29, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
A. Add .jpg images named as the artist and place it in the /Media/Fanart/Music folder. Like Madonna.jpg

What if I want to have more than one fanart for the same artist?

opeters

Portal Member
July 29, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Well thats fast :). I was able to solve the menueditor issue by adding an entry in menu 6 whitch wass empty in r237.

damaster

Portal Pro
November 23, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Good job, just a couple of questions about the new skin:
- Does the menu configuration tool load the current basichome.xml file and allow updates to it, rather than having to rebuild basichome every time if I just decide to add a single sub-menu item?

- Does this new skin support all of the new MovingPictures skin features? Such as decimal ratings, actual runtime, media info? Or will there be a new release of the skin after MovingPictures 0.8.0 is officially released?

Thanks

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    hi damaster,

Thanks for your questions.

1. The menu configuration reads the xfactor.xml file that is in your ProgramData library (a backup of this file with default menu is also in the skin\xfactor folder, but this is only used if you have not saved before.

So it works like this;
    1. If you have nothing saved before it reads the default menu from the xfactor.xml file in the skin\xfactor folder.
    2. If you have saved before (not only generated a new menu) it reads this from the ProgramData\... (if Vista or Documents and settings... if xp) and loads your own menu.
    3. Press generate to create new basichome menues.
    4. Press Save and the Ok in MP configuration to save if you have changed anything.
    This means that you should never have to "reconstruct" your basichome after an upgrade of xfactor skin. Only open the menu editor that reads your old menu and then press generate new basichome and you are done. This is how my setup at home works after every upgrade and it really makes upgrades easy because your own menu is never owerwritten by the skin;)

2. This skin supports MovingPictures 0.7.5 but also included are some things supporting 0.8. I will add full support when 0.8 is released.

best regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi MageMinds,

To support more than one image I would have to change the implementation so that you add subfolders to the /FanArt/Music folder that corresponds to the artist name and then you could drop any "madonna" pictures in the Madonna folder and the skin would cycle them.

Is this something more of you would like, then please let me know and I will post an update.

cheers
    cul8er

heintje

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi cul8er,

yes, please support more than one images per artist!!!!

Thanks
    DerHeintje

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    hi damaster,

Thanks for your questions.

1. The menu configuration reads the xfactor.xml file that is in your ProgramData library (a backup of this file with default menu is also in the skin\xfactor folder, but this is only used if you have not saved before.

So it works like this;
    1. If you have nothing saved before it reads the default menu from the xfactor.xml file in the skin\xfactor folder.
    2. If you have saved before (not only generated a new menu) it reads this from the ProgramData\... (if Vista or Documents and settings... if xp) and loads your own menu.
    3. Press generate to create new basichome menues.
    4. Press Save and the Ok in MP configuration to save if you have changed anything.
    This means that you should never have to "reconstruct" your basichome after an upgrade of xfactor skin. Only open the menu editor that reads your old menu and then press generate new basichome and you are done. This is how my setup at home works after every upgrade and it really makes upgrades easy because your own menu is never owerwritten by the skin;)

Awesome, thanks! I guess the mistake I made is that I never hit Save in the configuration tool. I would suggest you add the above to the release notes in your first post so people don't ask again and so people understand how to Save their changes.

2. This skin supports MovingPictures 0.7.5 but also included are some things supporting 0.8. I will add full support when 0.8 is released.

It seems like MovingPictures 0.8.0 is still a few weeks out, so no rush :)

MageMinds

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    To support more than one image I would have to change the implementation so that you add subfolders to the /FanArt/Music folder that corresponds to the artist name and then you could drop any "madonna" pictures in the Madonna folder and the skin would cycle them.

I would better like having my files like that (this is what I'm building right now).

Madonna.jpg
    Madonna_2.jpg
    Madonna_3.jpg

Also I had a question about the fanart for AC/DC ... How do you handle special character? And how do you handle spaces?

Right now I'm going to send my files with underscore replacing the space, like "Alanis_Morissette.jpg"

MageMinds

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi MageMinds,

Is this something more of you would like, then please let me know and I will post an update.

cheers
    cul8er
    hi cul8er ! this option of subfolders for artist fan art ...will be great to add ,i will also will like this option to be add ..
    GREAT UPDATE FOR R240 ..RALLY GOOD...THANK YOU ..
    the new menu configuration this is raly someting ...
    thank's
    ysmp.

dirki1972

Portal Pro
    July 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi cul8er,

how i can use the menu selector?
    there are nothing.

what must i add in configurator to start this from basichome ?

regards
    dirk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom