About the X-Factor Skin (R630) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackdown

Portal Pro
November 24, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi Cul8er!

Still going on strong with your beautiful skin! :) Last time I was here I posted an idea of implementing support for touch screens in X-factor. Now I remember that you liked that idea so I wondered if you have had any time to think about it.
I am very curious how far your progress is in this matter :)

Greetings,

CD

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi azimek,

I just uploaded a xml file in this thread that adds support for the Geckobrowser plugin.

best regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi crackdown,

I have this on my todo list but it is a big task so expect nothing in the near future. All focus now is preparing the skin for MP 1.1 only support since that release is getting closer and closer. There are still many things left in the skin to make it compatible with both 1.0.2 and 1.1 and I'm taking all the 1.0.2 parts out.

best regards
    cul8er

azimek

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2007
    Germany - near Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanx for the GeckoBrowser fix cul8er :)

Everything is fine now.

1 other thing is that with RC3 the texts in weather screen are too long.
    There is 1 line too much for every day so everything gets shifted downwards.

Thanx
    André

fmulders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    cul8er again a great job.

I like the way you try new things!
    But this time I have to say i'm not sure it is an improvement... I like it more with still hi-res pictures than this.

By the way I have an other request. Your skin supports Email manager (link) but can you make the unread mail icon apear at the basic home screen. I would like to see it at the upper left corner instead or besites the weather icon.

Here is the way it looked at my former StreamedMP skin. (Link)

I hope you can implement that for the next version.

:D a lot for the hard work!

Yabba

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Here is a link to a short video (very bad quality because I have a bad piece of software for making videos, in real life the animations runs very smooth ;) ) of what the fixed animations in MP RC3 allows.

What do you think?

Hi, cul8er ... just my 50 cents : I really like the animation but I find it a bit too speedy. I'd personally prefer slowlier movements because the current ones, as someone said before, are really seasick making. But I think it would be perfect with slowlier movements... Or maybe adjustable speed, if it's possible...

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Try it on a 65" plasma for that ocean going experience ;)

Cul8er, could you introduce a timeout that collapses all the menus after a certain time using the Images view?
    When the HTPC is sat idle, it looks a little messy with just one menu open - though it's great when using...

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Cul8er, I have seen the movie you posted. I really like the concept of a dynamic background!!!
    But movement should be subtle. Like said before I dont want to get motionsickness. :) I guess the effect in the movie is just to make it clear whats possible. It 'should' be a background and if it is too eye-catching it is only distracting. Thats my opinion at least.
    Are you thinking of making the movement type/amount adjustable by the user?

Yabba

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Try it on a 65" plasma for that ocean going experience ;)

I wish I could... but I've already tried it in a humble 42" plasma and is not THAT bad. Anyway, as I said, it would be much nicer if slowlier... especially for those with a weak stomach :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom