About the X-Factor Skin (R630) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perls

Portal Member
September 30, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi Cul8er,

I did some more testing on RC3 for the problems with stuttering and low memory with RSS feed.
The behavior is still the same, but as Two_edge previously pointed out, it is related
to the number of items in the feed. I use only one feed so I set max items per feed
and items in feed ticker to the same value and tried the following:

30 (which I had used in the previous trouble report)
Stuttering menus and low memory warning after traversing them for about a minute

Stuttering menus after starting mediaportal, but the stuttering actually disappears after
a few minutes!

Seems to work fine, smooth menus and no low memory, my testing is very limited though

While I'm at it :)

The skin file spotifier.xml doesn't work with version 0.3 of the plug-in.
It is possible to use the skin file from B3W instead, but it doesn't look so nice.

Best regards
/Per

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Perls,

Thanks for your feedback. About the stutter: I think you need to post this in the infoservice plugin thread. To me this cannot be a skin issue.

I'll be sure to update the spotifier xml for next version of this skin.

cheers
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi fmulders,

Thanks for your post. About adding the email icon to the basichome. This would require quite some change and I will not have time to do this for next version. But if you tell med what menu layout you are using I might be able to post the xml required and you can paste it into your basichome.xml file.

best regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

To everyone that has posted comments about the new effect and the video. Thanks for your feedback and yes the video is only an example. I will make movement slower in the version that will be released. And yes this is an option (you can see that in the video post already) that is disabled and have to be enabled and you can even enable it for specific pages (like you want it in basichome, and music now playing but you do not like it in music playlist and so on). There are 18 sections in MP where you can enable disable this effect so it is really up to you as end user to deside if you want the effect and in what sections ;=

cheers
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi azimek,

Great suggestion. I will fix xml files for the IFC plugin.

cheers
    cul8er

fmulders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi fmulders,

Thanks for your post. About adding the email icon to the basichome. This would require quite some change and I will not have time to do this for next version. But if you tell med what menu layout you are using I might be able to post the xml required and you can paste it into your basichome.xml file.

best regards
    cul8er

Great!
    I use The X-factor-RSS layout.

And to give some more feedback about the moving background. As I already mentioned I did not like the spinning picture, but I have a suggestion. When you look at the default background picture from the weather menu, I think it would be nice if the clouds are moving. So the picture is standing still like a movie frame. You can just see the clouds moving or a bird flying by. Something like that.

Keep up the good work...it is highly appreciated.:D

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Olijames,

Thanks for your issue report. I have fixed the stretched icon and it will be part of next version, thanks. About the second issue that you do not see the alert icon in program info view: I don't think this is a skinning issue. Can you please test using blue3wide and see if you have the same problem there? For these skin pages all a skin do is to provide the logos, then MP displays the one that match but as a skinner you cannot tell MP what icon to use. Please let me know if the same problem exist in blue3wide.

cheers
    cul8er

omniaberry2

Portal Member
    August 13, 2009
    Hello cul8er,

I really like your skin, it's great, however could I make one small request which I have posted two-three times already with no reply. Please make the thumbnail in the OSD display compatible with tv episodes 16:9 format, right now it's all squashed and it looks bad, the basic skin Blue3 has this fixed, could you possibly do it by the next release?

Also, just a suggestion, please give more viewing options for the MP-TV Series, the Wide Banner view is great but the banners are too small and there is no other view where one can enjoy both fanart and readable banners as again the Blue3 skin has (which also has combinations of the various viewing modes e.g. Poster and Banners).

Thanks,
    omniaberry2

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom